chapter 15 | heated agreements ☔︎

I watch as Leo talks Elliotts ears off

I watch as Leo talks Elliotts ears off. Clearly annoyed but still hasn't told him to shut the fuck up. If no one is going to then I volunteer, "Shut up." That's all it takes for Leo to finally sit the fuck down and close his mouth.

"All you do is yap. Chill the fuck out dude," Remo says who's patience was also tested. "This is America I have the freedom-" Leo doesn't get to finish when Elliott throws a pillow at his face. We've been sitting in the living room waiting for everyone else. Five minutes ago Darius called in another important meeting. Leo being the annoying fuck he is, insisted we get here early, afraid he's done something, gotten caught and doesn't want to piss of his older brother and father more.

Since I've gotten here no business has been done just catching up and partying. Myself, I forget that we flew back here for business but the only business being done is Leo getting us completely drunk and waking up the next mornings with massive headaches which is why I feel extremely irritated right now. The pounding in my head won't fucking stop. "There coming I hear them! Everyone act natural!" Leo says, but he's the only one acting stupid.

Footsteps can be heard from a distance. I lean back on the sofa manspreading my legs. This is gonna be a long fucking day.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

This meeting has been nothing but a shit show. Darius and Leo have been going at it shouting in different languages I gave up trying to keep up. One second their talking English the next Leo pulls out Korean I didn't even know if that fucker was being for real or if he was faking it but it didn't matter cause Darius would start yelling in French. We moved from the main living room to the meeting room when Mrs. Storm came barging in telling us to shut our nonsense that Rosa was trying to relax.

Darius feeling guilty made us all move. Now I'm sitting on the right side. Remo sitting on my right side with Elliott sitting next to him. Matteo who came late claiming it was due to 'dad duties' knowing damn well he overslept, he sits to my left. In front of me sits a very concern Eliana and to her right Valentina is sat who looks unamused. I take in her appearance, her eyes show no expression except boredness.

I've noticed that about her. No matter what any situation her expressions never show any type of interest. For some reason it infuriates me because I have a hard time figuring out what she thinks but I quickly catch it when her eyes soften for only a second and she quickly puts her mask back on. She's about to turn her head and I don't look away because I want her to look at me. Our eyes connect and we stay still looking at each other.

The mask is off again. Her eyes soften. I like when their soft. Her eyes swirl with so much emotions. I can't help but notice they literally do bright up. Her yellow, brown eyes look so capturing like when the sun shines on a dark forest the shadows of the trees making it look like you just entered heaven. I snap out of my trance, catching myself from the moment.

After a minute passes from our little staring contest which I lost, I always do with her. I take a peak ahead of me but her focus is back on Darius and Leo's argument. My head starts to wonder, creating images and scenes of how life would've been if what happen, never happened. I know deep down no matter how much I ignore it or play it off. The way life is now is not how it should've turned out. Anger start to creep up but I remind myself that I am part of that fault. I have no right to be angry of something I've caused.

"Enough. The yelling is useless. Enough." Mr. Storm voice stops me from feeling the guilt. Like everyone else my focus is on the father holding back his sons from punching the shit out of each other.

My father taught me to never let emotions get involved in business but for the Storms I always let it pass. Their ruthless when it comes to business but when it comes to business related to family, the past, emotions are in involved. "I understand you don't agree with the plan but it's the safest one." Matteo nods his head agreeing with Darius words. "Fuck, I suck at this shit. Leonardo listen to me. I'm playing this shit smart and slow. I ain't losing no more people, okay. This isn't going to be quick and fast. We need to be ahead. They haven't even started and yet were arguing now imagine when they do, stop letting it all get in your head." Leo's mouth is completely shut knowing every word that Darius has said is correct. He nods his head and they both pat each others backs finally making it up.

Valentina is staring at the scene in front of her, again with no emotion but her eyes are squinted a little. "Then it's settled. Tomorrow we are leaving to Italy. Only for a week Leonardo so don't get your pantie twisted," with that Mr. Storm pats Leo's shoulder and walks out.

Everyone knows the only right way to settle down business peaceful as possible is to throw a party where there will be many witnesses so everyone is not temped to get their guns out and start shooting people over an agreement. Ahem Leo. Darius came up with the idea to throw a Ball party where everything will be formal and not suspicious filled with rich pussies who think they own the world but don't own nothing but shit. Leo wants to throw a meeting here but everyone knows it's won't end up peaceful, the way Darius wants it. Leo wants to get over it but Darius wants the security, no more dead people.

So he chose Italy to throw the Ball. If anything goes down here the government gets all suspicious and shit but over there my father owns it. More like terrorized the government to mind their own fucking business.

Leo clearly isn't happy and becomes defensive when the mention of 'Italy' is brought up. Everyone ignored the way he acted but I knew, I knew why he avoided going back. He preferred to come alone. He would randomly visit me but this time, after six years, will be the first time since the whole Storm visits Italy...together as a family. Which is why I couldn't help myself but to stare at Valentina because I wanted to see how she would react, nothing was shown.

After everyone leaves I am left alone. Grabbing the files Leo left behind I make my way out to the kitchen. The house is strangely quiet no soul in the kitchen or the main living room. Leaning on the kitchen cabinet I observe the empty living room ahead of me. It was obvious the Storms no longer communicated the way they used to. Everyone runs off to their rooms to make sure no more hateful words are said but instead silence and distance.

The loyal family who were once extremely connected like how the heart is attached to our bodies is now slowly becoming more broken.

~ ❦︎ ☔︎ ❦︎ ~
INSTA | @ stormymarsthewriter