Life Meets Life

That was how she found herself in the slippery maze filled with oil that would only react to her fire. The test itself was simple. She just had to fight Wyvern and either escape to the bottom of the maze or beat the woman. Of course, it wasn't that easy.

Her plan had been to go into her blonde state. The form where she seemed to get a crazy boost in power. She hadn't been sure if she could freely go into it, but ever since she had seen her pod, anytime she tried to go all out, her hair would change color, and she'd get that massive boost of energy and crazy hot fire.

With all the oil, though, that proved impossible, as even a small spark from her energy would blow the place sky-high. Then there were the laser-blasting drones that kept stunning her. Of course, all of it paled in comparison to Wyvern herself. The Enforcer member was free to blast her fire out willy-nilly, without a care in the world, and was fast enough to break the sound barrier, her attacks causing gusts of wind so strong they would rip the walls apart.

She felt her nose break as the woman's fist smashed into her face. She nearly fell unconscious and crashed back, her head smashing into the metal wall. It took everything she had to stay awake. The woman hit almost as hard as Wish had, but Wyvern was far faster and skilled. If she had her blonde-haired mode, she was confident she could keep up and be evenly matched or something, but as she was like this, she was getting destroyed.

"Is this seriously all you've got?" Wyvern taunted. The woman kicked out, sending a blade of wind that would have cut Hope, but the girl managed to come back to her senses and dodge the strike just in time. The metal wall that had stood behind her shattered and broke apart, falling to the ground.

"I'm not ready to lose just yet!" She yelled. She ran forward and used the slick floor to slide across it. She threw out a powerful punch towards Wyvern, but the girl jumped into the air, and wings jutted from her back, allowing her to stay high up with the drones. The two drones that were left circled around and fired out. She jumped back, dodging one of the lasers, but the other one nailed her in the leg, and she nearly collapsed again, gasping.

Before she was able to recover, Wyvern raised her hand up and struck down, shooting down a massive air current. She blocked it just in time, the force of the attack smashing her into the ground and denting the floor. She rolled over and kicked at the floor, sliding on her stomach across it and using the force to get back up on her feet. She took off running, moving as fast as she could, trying to escape the dragon-themed hero.

"Oh, I thought you wanted to fight me." Wyvern taunted. The woman was able to easily keep up with her running as if it was nothing. Even the drones kept pacing, firing at her rear.

"I can't do a lot if you're just going to stay up there and hide like a coward!" She yelled back.

"It isn't cowardly. It's smart." Boy Genius responded. His voice rumbled through the entire maze. The place he had taken them all was a testing ground outside of Oleander city. It had taken them nearly an hour to fly there, going through the wasteland that was the rest of the world. A massive metal tower was where this strange maze took place. One that was nearly the size of the Immortal Tower. "If you really don't like what she is doing, then blast her down."

"Sort of hard to do when you placed me in this situation!" She yelled. "No fire, just super strength! This is impossible!"

The boy's snort caused everything to shake. "Maybe. What if something like this does happen, though? If a bunch of hostages are in danger, all a villain would need to do in order to weaken you is bring some oil, or gasoline, or even worse things. You've gotten really good at using your fire, but can you take down someone like Intake or Mars King with just your super strength? If Polaron attacked you, and he used this strategy, would you just be deadweight and have to give up? Full Monarch fought even when his fire had gone out. He fought and was still the strongest."