Stake Out

"So, you catch that game last night?"

"No, was it any good?"

"I don't freaking know. Why do you think I was asking you, dumbass?"

The undergrounds of Oleander were vast, with hundreds of bunkers, miles of sewers, and abandoned subway stations. In fact, if one were to journey far enough underground and travel well into the depths of the ocean, they would even find the remains of ancient cities lost to time after the first attack by the Calamities.

It was here underground that two men stood guard. Behind them was what used to be a bunker, though it had since been hollowed out and turned into a base for them to smuggle goods. Inside were hundreds of crates filled with their newest model of drugs, which the big boss had managed to create, as well as dozens of armed soldiers. This was one of their more significant bases, and the Wandering Coin wasn't too keen on losing it.

"So, any plans for the next game?"

"No, Greg. I'm going to be standing here standing guard like I always do. Freaking idiot."

Greg was about to say more but stopped when he noticed a large black wasp sitting on his friend's shoulder. "Oh man, sit still. You got a bug on you."

"Really? Oh hey, you do too?"

"I do!" Greg looked down at his arms, finding three wasps clinging to him. "Must be a nest or something down here. Hey, turn around. I'll see if there's any more on you."

"Good thinking." His friend turned around, and Greg instantly felt his face go pale. "So, are there any on me?" His entire back was covered in them. They all sat there silently, not making a sound or twitching in the slightest. Shaking, he brought his arm up and flinched when he reached his own back. He didn't feel his shirt. "Greg?"

"I think we're fucked."

Instantly, the buzzing pierced their ears. Every wasp on them sprung to life, and from the darkness, a mass of them poured out, swirling in the air. He managed to turn and scream past the doorway to get the attention of the others inside, but it was too late. The wasps all formed together, taking the shape of a person, and instantly Greg was knocked out as a fist slammed directly into his face.

Wasp Nest smirked as he settled into his human form. He was dressed in his hero costume, which consisted of just a basic black cloth he would drag around with him when he shifted in and out of his form since he couldn't bring his clothes with him. The fabric wrapped around his waist hiding his private parts. His smirk faded when he felt something hit the side of his head.

The goon behind him had drawn a knife and tried to impale the boy's skull, only for the blade to sink into a swarm of hundreds of angry wasps. The bugs swarmed him, and he screamed as he was given the stinging of a lifetime. He managed to jump out of the swarm and crashed into something hard. He looked up just in time to see the fist of Metal Ronin smash directly into his face.

Several guards ran towards the entrance of the open bunker and opened fire onto the futuristic samurai. Before any bullets could land, though, a golden barrier appeared around the hero, blocking the gunfire.

"Sir, my armor is bulletproof. No need to protect me." Metal Ronin said, speaking up.

"If ya sure?" Battery jumped from the darkness behind Metal Ronin; his body ignited with traces of golden lightning, lighting the underground area up. He moved like a blur, casually dodging gunfire as he stepped into the vault. "Now, let's see what we're working with here." He grinned.

The bunker was quite spacious and consisted of only a single floor. Besides the boxes of drugs and the armed dealers, there were a few chairs and tables scattered around, a few TVs, game consoles, and some fridges. Near the very back was also a giant ladder that led all the way up to the roof, which would no doubt open up into the many sewer tunnels and function as a makeshift getaway.