A Team Would Be Nice

Cinder steadied her arms, raising them up like a shield. She didn't know much about fighting, but she could tell just from one glance that Green Wolf was far scarier than anything she had seen before.

Battery, on the other hand, was slack. His arms were at his side, the only sign he was ready for combat, a faint golden glow slowly pouring from beneath his skin already.

"Who are they?" White Lamb asked, cocking her head to the side.

Green Wolf took a step forward, and it took all her willpower to not take one back. "These two? Oh, they're going to be my newest entertainment." He flicked his knife into the air, letting it spin before catching it. "Right, you two."

She tried to say something but found her throat had locked up. "Let him go." Battery said, nodding towards the man who was tied up. "Also, turn yourself in."

"Nah."

"Then we'll use force." Battery threatened.

"That's the plan." Green Wolf snickered.

She didn't like him. He was strong. Almost everyone knew that. At such a young age, he had managed to take over part of the city and swallow up several of the stronger groups. He was only in his twenties and already people considered him to be the next big bad. A villain that if you were to kill him, most people would throw you a party. It all came from his superpower.

A kinetic manipulator. All movement required kinetic energy, and Green Wolf could high jack his bodies own usage, or the use of things he touched and toy around with it. This is what allowed him to slice people up from a distance. It also meant he was basically untouchable. You could punch him, but by the time your strike would land he would simple absorb all the kinetic energy making your blows do very little damage.

Rumor was this power even let him survive an attack from the Victorian with only a light paper cut.

"Why are you doing this." She finally managed to speak. She kept her arms up at all times ready to block as the man's head snapped towards her. "You're the same as Red Ape."

"I'm the same as that loser?" The bad guy sounded pretty offended being compared to the madman.

"Yeah." She nodded gripping her hand into a fist. "You're hurting someone for no reason. You kill people for no reason. I don't get it. You have powers like me. Why would you ever decide to not use them to help people. What do you get out of being a villain."

The man seemed to pause for a moment. He actually pondered the question and finally found his answer letting out a hum. "It's fucking fun."

"Same answer as Red Ape. You really are no better than he is. We beat him, and we'll beat you too." She declared.

"Lamb, is there anyone else around us?" Green Wolf asked.

"Nowhere near our bubble." White Lamb said, slumping down.

"Good." Green Wolf looked down at a wristwatch he wore. "Then I'll give you both let's say five minutes of my time. That sounds fair, right?" Whether they agreed or not, it didn't matter as a second later the man was already slicing his weapon out.

They were dozens of feet away from him, but it didn't stop them from dodging. An unseen force struck the part of the wall they had been standing at leaving a gash across it.

Green Wolf's laughter filled the room as he brought his weapon up, and down, left, and right, invisible waves of damage tearing everything apart. The only indication they had as to where his attacks would land was where the edge of the knife pointed to.

Green Wolf didn't just sit still though. That would have been at least a little fair. Instead he danced across the room with them, moving at inhuman speed and switching what hand held the knife in an effort to throw them off. Her eyes stung as she tried to keep up with his fast movements, and a blink was all it took for her to make a mistake.