𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦: 𝐽𝑖𝑛𝑜𝑟𝑎 𝑅𝑜𝑜𝑡

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Y/n L/n, Welding Apprentice, Personal servant

"Everyone this is Dusk, my best friend and someone who can help." You announced, straightening yourself out. Fitz eyed him up and down doubtfully.

"Nice to meet you folks, but what's going on?" Dusk said, still confused at the group in front of him. "It's nothing you need to know" Prince Larkyn said pointedly. "Okay, buddy." Dursk shot back unimpressed, as your eyes widened. You tried to calm the situation down "Listen we're on an important mission."

"We're wasting time, L/n can he be trusted?" Fitz intervened as you nodded "I trust him with my life." Fitz looked at Prince Larkyn for the final approval, "Fine but he better be useful." Prince Larkyn remarked.

Phew that was a close one, last time I talked to Prince Larkyn like that I was nearly put to the sword.

"Whatever is going on I know a private place we can talk." Dusk said seriously.

You and Fitz filled Dusk in on what was happening on the way. "Thank the gods that you're okay Y/n. We heard about the attack I had no idea you were anywhere near that!?"

"Yeah, things were really bad, if it weren't for Prince Larkyn in good health who knows what could have happened" Sir Akemi said. The other knights muttered in agreement.

The marsh was very familiar to you, growing up it was a great place to hide. You would often disappear into trees and foliage on a bad day. Surrounded by chirping birds and the chatter of the little critters. It was very unlikely someone would come across the hideout.

"The jinora root is much deeper in the march towards the north." Dusk told the group.

"So we could gather it today?" Sir Andres asked excitedly.

"Well around this time of year it's not fully ripe therefore not at full healing capacity" Jacy clarified. The mood instantly shifted negatively, time was a luxury we did not have.

"We'll wait a couple of days and take our chances, the King and Queen need the cure as soon as possible" Prince Larkyn said firmly.

"I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind if we had a few extra guests right, Y/n?" Dusk piped in.

"Oh, we could never impose like that." Fitz interjected politely.

"Plus I think your mom might kill us, do you mind helping us set up camp?" You chuckled.

You would soon come to regret the invite.

"So Dusk any funny stories about Y/n as a kid?" Sir Andres asked while you playfully glared at him. "Let's see...about the time he fell into a pond or the time a frog made him cry or the time–" Dusk started. "Okay we get it" You jokingly interpreted.

"Wait what happened with the frog?" Jacy asked amusingly. "It hopped away, literally into a pond" Dusk said.

"Hey, I was really attached to that frog! Sticky was my pet" You said, ignoring the snickering from the rest of the group.

"We got some stories about Y/n ourselves." Sir Akemi jested. "Scandalous I hope" Dusk chuckled. You simply just rolled your eyes while helping the other servant set up tents.

"Well...I hear he's been getting cozy with the Princess" He loudly whispered. "Heh, always the sweetheart huh Y/n" Dusk teased.

Prince Larkyn tossed his bag noticeably rough into the tent.

Larkyn Sora, Prince and heir to the throne,

Traveling into towns and villages around the realm was nothing new. However a task as important as this brought me to a little village that would normally never cross my mind. However, my little servant is like a lantern guiding our way. The lives our servants have don't matter inside the castle walls. But Y/n's history was hard to ignore, his whole life outside of me, before we ever met was here.

Ever since he ran into that peasant, an uncomfortable feeling overcame me.

Perhaps I should have realized this sooner, but he won't always be employed at the capital of the Kingdom. The reason he even came in the first place was because of his ailing father.

It would be so so easy to get rid of this place then he'll have no one to return to

I immediately shook my head at those thoughts, what the hell am I thinking?? If I'm to be King
I cannot go around torching my own villages. But the thought of Y/n returning her permanently ticked me off, he was my servant, only mine.

But his history was etched into every corner of village Mora. Family and relationships would only distract Y/n from serving me to his full capacity. The closeness he shared with the village boy went beyond words, with clearly no problem with up and close to each other.

'Always the sweetheart' What does that even mean? Sure he gets along well with my knights but nothing more than that. Quinn is a flirt by any measure but even she is not foolish enough to enter a relationship with a servant or maid. Still, those slanderous rumors made my blood run hot.

Why had I even offered to let him see anyone while we were here? If anything seeing his family would make him not want to return to the castle. It doesn't matter if he wishes to stay or not, either way, Y/n is leaving with me.

I hope everyone has been enjoying the story so far we've made it chapter 20 🎉  That slow burn is slow burning

I was wondering if anyone wanted to see some side stories? Not part of the main story just snippets of the past. Things like Sir Finn and Y/n's relationship and Y/n's childhood adventures, Or Larkyn and Quinn's complicated sibling relationship?

Please comment and let me know!