𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛: 𝑉𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝑟𝑎

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Y/n L/n, Welding Apprentice, Personal servant

"Y/n set up my tent"

"Y/n hand me this map"

"Y/n stay here"

You've never heard your name spoken so many times. Larkyn immediately put you to work, as if there was not another servant on the trip. Everyone had all settled down for the night but there was still work to be done. A few hours later a small camp was set up, with a firepit in the middle. The servant's tents were together as were the knights and Prince. However, Prince Larkyn insisted that yours be right next to his. By the time night fell you wanted nothing more than to go to bed. But dinner had yet to be eaten, and you were not missing out on that. Everyone save Prince Larkyn and Fitz was present around the fire.

"Are you happy to be going back home?" Sir Laurance asked. You nodded "I really am, haven't been back since I started working as a servant." He hummed in response "My own family lives in a small village near the capital." The knights were intimidating at first glance, large and scared men. But they were surprisingly amicable, especially among their own. It helped that you were associated with Sir Finn.

"Did you truly train under Sir Finn? He's such a legend in Prerton!" Sir Akemi asked excitedly. He was the youngest among the royal guards but impressive nonetheless.

"Of course he did Kem, how do you think he saved Princess Quinn" Laurance piped in. "I did but I had no idea about him and the King." You chuckled. Prince Larkyn came out of his tent as the knights greeted him. He sat right across from you, the flames illuminating his face.

"Speaking of visiting home, do you have a sweetheart waiting, Y/n?" Sir Andres teased.

You nearly choked on your dried meat. "Oh well not exactly" You responded slightly embarrassed at the question.

"Orrr someone you're thinking about" He pressed, as Sir Akemi jokingly told him to lay off. "Oh come on Andres, let the man have some privacy. I used to visit my darling all the time whenever I returned home."

"Well not all of us have the time for those things and it's perfectly fine" Jacy pointed out reassuringly.

I stuck close to the healing apprentice, being the only woman surrounded by men doesn't always feel comforting. She was a polite young lady and very knowledgeable, I understood why she was one of the top healers in the castle. "She's right, even I have my secrets" I jested right back. If only they had any idea how many...

"Aren't you all too old for these childish jests?" A sarcastic voice emerged from the tent.

"Oh come on Your Highness, we're just trying to get to know your personal servant better." Sir Andres chirped back. "Exactly, he's mine now lay off." Prince Larkyn responded, rolling his eyes. But the way he said 'mine' sounded almost too possessive for your liking.

"When we get to the town, I believe that we all should disguise ourselves as commoners." He continued as the rest of you nodded. It was a solid plan, as long as no one found out. There was always the potential that Mora could be burnt to the ground by rouges to destroy the chance for a cure.

The next morning everything was buzzing, there was a semblance of hope among the crew. Hope that the mission would go well, hope that the King and Queen would be saved, hope that normalcy would return. The long grass brushed against your leg on the path. The grass that you would often play and hide in as a child. Home was so close you could taste it in the smell of the rain. It was early morning and the only ones out were the fishermen and farmers.

"Welcome to Village Mora everyone" You introduced with a smile.

"What a quaint little town" Fitz commented taking in the surroundings. You chuckled "Yeah wait till the sun is out it won't be so peaceful. When I was little my friends and I would cause a ruckus at daybreak." Jacy smiled in response "You must have been a troublesome child." You nodded playfully "Trust me you have no idea." It seems almost like another lifetime ago.

You could still feel the scaping cobblestones from the many times you tripped while running as a little girl. Picking flowers and poking bugs. Being scolded by the traders for scaring away business. It was the most carefree you would likely ever be again.

"Is it me or is it a bit chilly out?" Sir Laurance pointed out. "You sound like my grandmother." Sir Andres snickered, as did a few others. "We are close to the sea, it's always a little chilly when the sun isn't out" You explained. Before you could continue something caught your eye.

A familiar head of brown hair caught your attention.

Bursting with glee you called out "Dusk over here!!" The look on his face was utter joy and surprise. Jumping up he rushed towards you with "Ahah!"

Dusk scooped you up in his arms and damn near spun you around. "What the hell!? You couldn't write me a letter in advance–What are you doing back" Dusk sputtered, still smiling as wide as ever. "You can put me down now" You said bashfully, patting him on the arm. You could already hear the teasing coming from a mile away.