𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛: 𝐻𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑆𝑜𝑢𝑙

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

  ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Larkyn Sora, Prince and heir to the throne

"Son..Larkyn you must find this cure quickly, the vermin get comfortable when the hounds are away" King Sora said weakly. It was truly odd seeing my Father in such a weak state, it is truly upsetting a King should never be rendered this weak.

"I will do my duty and I shall not fail you either" I said deathly serious. "Your mother and I have decided Quinn will rule as Princess Regent till you get back" He continued. Biting my tongue, I nodded my head. Quinn will surely use this to gain further support amongst the Kingdom–Tsk I am the heir, not her so it doesn't matter.

"I shall take my leave" I said, before nodding to the doctor and leaving the room. Once I entered the hallway the chatter died down. Servants and highborns alike bowed as I passed. Such boring placeholders even in times of tragedy. My mind wandered to one particular servant in particular.

Y/n L/n, the new worker who had the King's favor, and my sister's attention. He's not a coward, skilled with swords, and annoyingly seems to be an honest soul.

I've spent so much time watching Y/n, yet he's never shown a lick of disloyalty. That's what the rest of the Kingdom should be like, loyal to the crown. I suppose Fitz is like that, but Y/n is more..more caring

I need someone with my interests in mind, it doesn't hurt that I could keep a closer eye on Y/n.

"Your Majesty?" Fitz's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "What is it?" Irritation clear in my voice. "I apologize Prince Larkyn, I asked if anything else needed to be done before we set off" He recounted. "Gather everyone before we leave. I have an announcement to make" I ordered.

The commoner's carriage was as small and ragged as I expected. However, it held the supply we would greatly need. "Listen up everyone" I ordered, as they all stood straighter. 3 of my handpicked knights, a palace healer, and two servants. "I've decided to take on a personal servant. Y/n step forward, you are to be at my side until instructed otherwise" I stated.

Y/n had a look of momentary shock, before doing as I said. The others looked quite surprised as well, never had I appointed my own servant before. I have a feeling that he won't disappoint.

Y/n L/n, Welding apprentice, Prince's personal servant

I think I really need to learn to expect the unexpected. I'm nowhere near as skilled as someone would need to be a servant... I can't believe I'm going back home like this, what will Father say, what will everyone else think happened?

Sitting in the carriage right across from Prince Larkyn was not the spot you expected to be in this mission.

"Prince Larkyn, why did you select me to be your personal servant?" You asked, finally breaking the silence. "As I said before you're of use to me" He started "And I can actually trust you and I want you to be able to trust me as well." It was an honest answer from what you could tell.

"I will do my best to serve you, Prince Larkyn" You responded firmly. In a truly rare moment, the Prince smiled. The gorgeous man he was, he looked like what you imagined Princes did in fairytales as a child.

"Is there anything you wish to know about Mora?" You asked, as he nodded. "I'm assuming you will want to see your Father and Sir Finn when we arrive" Prince Larkyn remarked. "I'll allow it as long as long as it is brief, is there anyone else close to you there?" You grinned at the news, not being able to contain your happiness.

"There is another family that I'm close to that is caring for my Father. Dusk can actually help us look for the cure, as he gathers herbs" You continued. "I see, anyone else?"  Prince Larkyn asked. "I suppose no one else" You answered. Everyone is going to be so surprised when we arrive.

As the travel continued Prince Larkyn asked you many questions about Mora. Ranging from any potential bandits to almost personal questions about your old life. A part of you wanted to keep your home and castle experiences separate. But Prince Larkyn would accept nothing less but the truth from you.