𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛: 𝐵𝑙𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

                                    ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Y/n L/n, Welding Apprentice

A little over an hour had passed but it had not calmed the masses at all. You and the other servants had been shuffled around to make room for the walking wounded. August chatted to you about his experience in the attack.

"I sure was lucky, I ended up running into the guards–well before we were ambushed" He said scratching his head. Despite that, it truly was lucky that he made it out. There were already rumors that bodies were being found around the area of conflict.

"I wonder how the Prince is doing" You mentioned. August raised his eyebrow and said "I guess you both really did get friendly in the thick of it" While you chuckled.

"Hah, he is anything but friendly, held a knife to my throat" August gasped. "My gods he really is a tyrant" you chuckled in response. "I think I managed to get somewhat through to him, he did calm down a little before you found us–"

The doors flung open as a sea of people parted from surprise. A few roughed up guards and a disheveled girl entered the room.

Your eyes widen with recognition as she looks towards you. Before you could move she came to you, throwing her arms around your shoulders. "Princess Quin–Someone calls the medic!" You shouted. She turned her head to look at you with a hazy smile "I fear you could be my knight in shining armor at this point" You felt yourself blush heavily, warming up at her words. The top medics came and escorted the Princess away, though she requested your presence.

You and August stood by in the lavish room that the Princess was currently getting treated in. "Go on and ask" Princess Quin stated, amused. Noticing the looks of curiosity from you both from her injuries, which were clearly a result of battle. "If it isn't too forward of me to ask, were you perhaps trained for conflict?" You asked, as she grinned.

"Well, it is generally frowned upon for a woman to wield a sword, especially a high born lady such as myself. But I am a princess and my life has been under threat since I was a mere babe" She stated as August and I nodded along.

"Even though my brother is the heir if anything were to happen to him, it is I that would take his place as the future ruler. So naturally I was trained for battle in secret"

"That is quite impressive my lady, and you can trust us to keep this secret!" August said in awe and I was also quite impressed. She seemed so helpless at first, but clearly is a capable swordsman. I guess we have more in common than I thought

The next few days were a chaotic blur, with no word on the King's condition and only a few brief words from the Queen. You had only seen Larkyn briefly in passing, until you were summoned to his room.

"My Prince" You bowed, as much as your back would allow without aching. Without reacting he ordered the guards to leave the room. "So I hear you have been getting rather cozy with the Princess" He started, eyes sharp never leaving my own. "Whatever you are implying, I have been nothing but honorable, and would never compromise the Princess's reputation" You pleaded. The rumors had only gotten more rampant, and clearly enough to reach the Prince's ears.

His glare still blazed on, your response doing nothing to stop his anger. "Kneel" Prince Larkyn demanded, you nearly gasped from surprise at his words. "But–" Before you could finish he moved towards you, hands gripping your shoulders and forced you to the ground. "Do not defy your Prince, now answer my questions honestly" He demanded.

With a single finger, he tipped your chin up to look at him. From this perspective, he never looked more like a tyrant. With his sunkissed hair disheveled and darkening purple under his dark eyes. So different from the man you spent time within the woods.

"Have you had relations with my sister?" You immediately shook your head, extremely flustered and immediately warming up at the accusation. He stared at you for a long moment before his lips turned upwards slightly at your reaction.

"Good, now come we have things to do" he snapped his fingers beckoning you to follow.