𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐: 𝑮𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Y/n L/n, Welding Apprentice

I stretched my arms out on the walk back home. Couldn't have them too sore when I was already going to be working tomorrow. Once again I entered my home, but it was silent. It was never this quiet, ever since my Father got sick.

Quickly walking into the kitchen you saw him laying on the floor. Rushing over you tried to shake him awake while shouting "Father! Come on wake up! Dad!". He started to slightly move his head his hand weakly grabbing yours.

"My head aches, I don't know what happened. One minute I'm getting ready to leave the next I'm on the floor" He said in a scratchy voice, as you gently pulled him to his feet.

My heart sunk in my chest as I imagined what could have happened if he fell and broken his neck. As I helped him back into bed I noticed the large bruising on the side of his arm.

"Why were you leaving the house?" You asked as he settled him. "A man came to visit the house. He said he had something that could cure my ailments. A traveling healer he called himself" Your Father replied.

"How odd, did you buy the medication?" You asked.

"Ah, the price he asked for was outrageous so I sent him on his way. I started to feel worse and went to fetch some water before I fainted" He continued, and you further frowned. Before you could say anything, he looked at you. "Y/n, I'm afraid I don't have much time left" He softly said. "That can't be" You hopelessly said.

"I'm going to be gone one day, you need to be ready for that day. But this medicine may give us more time" He ended with a hopeful note. You balled up your fist, if he died you really would be on your own. "I'll get you that medication, we still have our savings" You declared. Your Father gave you a rare smile, one you hoped you'd see more of.

It was nearly evening by the time you set out to find the healer. Luckily the marketplace wouldn't be closed till the moon was fully out. After asking around the local sellers, the breadmaker pointed out the way the healer went. Apparently, he was a tall blonde man, with brown eyes. Riding a speckled horse with his wares.

"Hey, you!" You called out, as the man turned to you confused. "My Father and you talked earlier about medications. What's your price?" You quickly cut to the chase. Wanting to get back home as fast as possible.

"Oh yes, you must be his son" The way the man talked shifted in a way you couldn't decipher. "This will cure all of his sicknesses, and it will not return as he fully regains his health back" He announced proudly.

A small part of you was still skeptical, and you had yet to hear the price. "For 550 gold coins, I'll give you the pills" He bargained pulling a small bag out.

Is he out of his damn mind?! No wonder Father sent him away. We'd be dead broke.

"That is a high price" You commented. "Well it's the cost of your Father's life, boy" It irked you the casual way he said that. "I only have 500 coins... And my Mother's hairpin" You grimly said. Truly not wanting to part with the only thing you had to remember her by.

But it was just an object and your Father's life was at stake.

"Hmm well that is a lovely pin, I'll take it," He said, giving you the medication after you gave the payment. Gods, I hope this will work, I want my Father back.

With hope in your heart, you entered the home once again "Dad I got it!!"