𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆: 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Y/n L/n, Welding Apprentice

"Sir Finn I don't know what to do, that goddamn medicine hasn't worked a bit" You continued to shine the blades. "What kind of despicable man, you take advantage of a desperate family" Sir Finn said. He felt horrid for his young apprentice, it was a surprise that their work didn't suffer. There wasn't much he could do for Y/n, well there was something. But Finn wasn't sure if it was the best idea.

"I'm out of options and I don't know what else to do," I said, growing anger filling him as each day passed. That scumbag is the reason we're out of money and treatment options.

I noticed Sir Finn looking at me with an unreadable expression. "Y/n if you are truly committed to caring for your Father there, I can help" He said, guesting me to follow him.

"As you know I was a knight" Sir Finn started, as I nodded. He wasn't the most open person I've ever met. But sometimes he would tell me stories of his days working in the palace. I always liked his stories and was glad he trusted me enough to tell me them.
"I worked closely with the King and Queen, and they are always hiring new servants," He said. Okay, he never mentioned that, Sir Finn used to work under the royal family??

"If I put in a good word for you, you'll surely be hired. But I must warn you, things work differently there. And you might end up seeing things you can't forget" He seriously said.

I sat straight-faced taking the information in. Something tells me there's a reason he never mentioned serving the Sora family.

"But will I be paid enough to support my Father? And won't you need me around here" I worriedly asked. He gave me a small smile "I've been running this place a long time I'll be fine. And they will pay you well, better than any job around here" I refused to let myself hope again, but this was a good opportunity.

"I'll do it, and I'll make sure to live up to your good name" I said determinedly.

I didn't have much to pack with me, but it was still a far journey. My father bulgingly agreed to let me go. I wish we didn't argue so much before I left. Thank the gods that Julisa and Amul agreed to check up on him regularly.

Sir Finn called in some favors to get me to the palace free of charge. I truly owe that man my life. I'm not his family, yet he's done so much for me. I'm lucky in this way to be cared about by this many people.

Julisa packed me food for the journey, and Amul walked me to where another knight was with another house. Evie and Dawn hugged me so tight when I told them I was leaving. And Dusk was the person I felt the worse for leaving after my Father.

As much as we jest with each other, he truly was my best friend. The keeper of my biggest secret, the one who makes me ugly laugh. As I mounted the horse I looked around for the last time in a while.

"Hey wait!!" A familiar voice called out. "Dusk what the hell I'm about the leave" I said surprised at his appearance. "Yeah I know, I just needed to give you this" He said breathlessly. Tossing his classic faded red jacket to you.

"It's going to be Winter soon" Is all he said. But the sad look in his green eyes told you everything. "I'll write to you, so don't you dare forget me" I said trying to keep my voice steady. "Like anyone here could forget you. Get going, and don't piss anyone who could kill you off" Dusk said.

You put on the jacket with a small smile " Don't worry about it"