𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆: 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒐𝒎

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

                                  ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Y/n L/n, Welding Apprentice

With shaky hands, I continued with my task. Organizing the blades in length order. What the hell he's worse than I thought, threatening to impale me right off the bat. He certainly lives up to the rumors. I wonder if this is what Sir Finn was talking about.

"You have the good eye, being able to tell that sword wasn't up to standard so far away" The armor maker said. "Is he always like that?" I quietly asked, not wanting the wrong person to overhear. The man sighed and took off his cap, revealing graying hair. "I can't say he isn't, but today definitely harsher than usual" He responded. Continued saying "I'd stay out of his way if I were you, starting here on a bad foot with royalty never ends well."

"Fuck, cleaning this castle wore me out more than Dawn does" I muttered finally sitting on my bed. Looking around I wondered when my roommate would show up. "Hey, it's you L/n, right?" A familiar voice entered the room. With a smile, I greeted the man "Dion nice to see you!"

"Call me Farren, I think we're past formalities" He said with a small laugh. Well at least my roommate is pleasant, I might even make a friend here. Farren brushed his light brown locks out of his eye line, before flopping on his bed. "Is Dawn why you are here if you don't mind me asking?" Farren asked.

"No, that's my neighbor's little girl, I'm working here to support my Father" I answered, seeing no harm in opening up.

"I see, I figured you must be here because of someone. That's why most of the people working in the palace are here. The pay is really good, but uh royal family not so much" Farren said, getting under the covers.

Well, that's not comforting at all. If everyone is here out of desperation that makes them easy to bend for royalty. 

As the days went on I developed somewhat of a schedule. It was nearing the end of my first week working here, and I managed to avoid the Prince. There was a small part of the day carved out that the group of servants I was a part of had a break. And In this time I managed to eat, while writing a letter to Sir Finn about my time here.

A knock at the door alerted me "Y/n L/n, the King requests your presence at the throne room immediately" The voice of  Fitz John informed. My heart sank to my feet, because what in gods name could the King of the realm want with me?? Nausea washed over me, as every mistake I ever made since I started working came to mind. Swallowing bile I stood up and opened the door.

"Wh-what does his Majesty want from me" I said, nervously. But Fitz simply shrugged his shoulders and beckoned me to follow him.

The throne room was truly a majestic place, with marble balconies, paintings, and banners in pristine condition. Following right behind Fitz we eventually made it to the foot of a staircase. Where the entire royal family sat in luxurious thrones, with the King's in the center and most grand. We both gave deep bows before the King addressed us.

I am so unbelievably fucked, this is the end for me.

"Y/n L/n, you are Sir Finn's former apprentice I hear" King Sora said, looking straight at me. Standing tall I responded, still confused, "Yes your majesty, I worked under him to learn the trade of welding"

He hummed in response with curiosity in his gaze. I finally got the chance to look at the other members of the royal family for the first time. The Queen had a look on her face I couldn't decipher, but she looked so effortlessly regal. The princess simply looked bored, sitting at her mother's right. As I looked to the right of the King, I met the Prince's icy gaze. Oh crap, he still looks mad... But for some reason, I couldn't look away.

"Did he ever mention his time as a high knight?" The King further questioned. I knew Sir Finn was a Knight but one of the highest ranks? Why does King Sora want to know about Sir Finn?

"He sometimes told me stories about his time in the palace while we worked, Your Majesty" I answered truthfully. Something about being in the same room as the Prince gave me a bad feeling. To my surprise, the King held a small smile at the information.

"So he's in good health and still able to work?" The King continued, and I could feel Fitz side-eyeing me. It was unheard-of situation, a King and servant to talk in this way. I decided to be honest, Sir Finn deserved all the kind words I could give him.

"Yes he is doing good, I've learned a lot from him. In fact, Sir Finn is one of the best teachers I've ever had the honor to work with" I said truthfully, before the King could respond the Prince cut in. "Father, I truly see no point in conversing with a servant. We have important matters to discuss" Prince Larkyn pointed out.

Man, I can't believe this guy is our future King, what an ass.

"Larkyn there is value in speaking with common people" The King said in return. The Prince turned to me once again, his dark eyes hardening. "You couldn't even fix a simple mistake with a sword. Clearly, Sir Finn had some gaps in his teaching," Prince Larkyn said.

"Perhaps there are some gaps in your training" I shot back before even thinking. There were audible gasps in the room. Fitz looked horrified, instantly becoming pale.

I just signed my fucking death warrant, Sir Finn, Dusk, Father I'm so sorry!!