𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛: 𝐴 𝑆𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑅𝑜𝑜𝑡

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Larkyn Sora, Prince and heir to the throne

Something about the rumors set a fire in the Prince, in a way he did not expect. Seldom did he ever pay attention to court gossip. Noblemen and common borns, Noble ladies and knights, such affairs weren't uncommon. However, a servant and royalty was absolutely forbidden. Resulting in death or disownment, all for fleeting moments that could never last.

The King and Queen's condition were quickly worsening. Many medics and doctors had been obtained and let go due to the lack of any progression. In turn, many people now turned to me, to do my duty and lead them. Tension headaches often kept me awake in the few hours I had to rest.

My mind wondered about the time I and Y/n spent in the woods. It was just the two of us in close connection. Dare I say, I was beginning to enjoy their company without any distractions. Their boldness, endurance, delicate features—what am I thinking?? The Kingdom is open to threats from so many yet here I am unable to stop thinking about a mere servant

"Welcome back, dear sister" I said entering her room, Quinn paused before sending the medics who were tending to her away. "What a load of crap, with me gone there goes your competition" She snickered.

As I rolled my eyes "Must you be so vulgar" I took account of her condition, roughed up but not too serious. "How do Mother and Father fare? Quinn continued, with a twinge of worry in her hazel eyes.

"Not well, without a cure brewing soon I don't think they'll survive this" I responded grimily. "How's the boy?" She asked next as my jaw clenched.

"I see you already know who I'm speaking of. Say, brother, why when you spend time alone with a servant no one questions your relationship–your virtue?" Quinn remarked annoyed.

"Because you have a pension for taking in strays, I do not" l snipped back to her. "You need to put distance between you both, the rumors make our family look bad" I pointed out, still irritated by her words.

"Oh please you just want him all to yourself, just like when we were children never wanting to share your toys" She continued scowling at me.

"Just do as I say, I have duties to attend" I grumbled leaving the room. I don't need to share anything, I am the crown prince, the future King, and that is my birthright.

But before I could open the door, a frantic loud knock interrupted. The doctor and my little servant arrived with worried looks. Listening to what the man was saying I couldn't help but grimace "We have little time to waste, convene people of importance immediately"

"L/n follow me and don't get lost this time" I commanded, strutting ahead.

Y/n L/n, welding apprentice,

You followed behind him without speaking a word, silently fuming. I cannot believe this, seriously what is his problem?? And to again imply I would do something so indecent with the Princess, August is right he is a–I should not be in this room.

Prince Larkyn lead you both into a room with important looking people. Princess Quinn, a pair of doctors, Fitz John, military folks, and other advivors.
"Tell my brother what you discovered" Princess Quin ordered the doctor. "We've come to the conclusion that the poison the rebels used was a mixture of poison powders. Lethal if the right amount is used– and there is no set cure. The results highly depend on one's constitution" The older woman explained. You made eye contact with the Princess still flushed, and looked away quickly.

"So what can be done if there is no cure," Prince Larkyn said grimly, his features darkening. "My grace I did not say all hope was lost, according to past knowledge there is a root that can be used as a cure" The docter continued. You looked at her surprised and worried, that the Prince would respond harshly.

But he only nodded in response to the information. Perhaps they've known each other for a long time, she must be very important to be in charge of the care of the rulers of the kingdom.

"The root is found in a few places further from the capital, the closest village is Mora" She concluded. You let out a small gasp aloud, instantly embarrassed at all the eyes now directed at you. "Something to say, servant?" John questioned pointedly.

"I–well am from Village Mora, the root you speak of grows in abundance there. It's mainly used for juices after being ground up" You said. The Prince turned to you with a twinge of pride in his eyes and something else.

"Then it is settled we must gather it at once" Princess Quinn announced. The Prince looked at her, then you before pursing his lips. "We must not be hastened, the realm will soon fall to panic and shambles if this isn't handled correctly" Prince Larkyn said.

"Everyone who is not part of the minor council leave the room" He ordered. Before you could even turn around, he grabbed your arm. "Not you L/n, your knowledge is of value to me" He said intensely. "I-Yes my Prince" You responded, worry washing over you.

 "I-Yes my Prince" You responded, worry washing over you