𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕: 𝑬𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔

❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

                                  ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦ ♔ ♚ ❦

Y/n L/n, Welding Apprentice

"L/n the Lady Quinn has requested your service...again" Fitz said, crossing his arms. "Rivers take over dusting" He ordered the other servant. "She is at the balcony on the East wing, report back after you're finished" Fitz continued. Walking away I braced myself for what was to come.

"Say, Y/n do you enjoy sponge cake?" Princess Quinn asked, looking over the three-tier towers of finger foods. "I'm not sure my Lady, I've never had any" I admitted standing across from the table.

Growing up as a peasant and being the main breadwinner, didn't leave you with opportunities for fine dining. Ever since the incident with the noblemen, the Princess treated you as a guard of sorts. Along with becoming very much friendlier, it felt more like spending time with another person rather than serving her. 

"Then surely you must try some" She said, gesturing to the spare plate and fork. It was completely unheard of royalty dining with servants. I have a feeling this might blow back on me, but can I really refuse her? Oh how that strawberry cream looks really good. Footsteps approached from behind you.

"Hello Quinn" Prince Larkyn addressed, raising an eye at you. The Princess sighed, resting the side of her face in her palm "What do you need Larkyn". He then looked me right in the eye with his unwavering stare. "You know it's inappropriate to be this close with the servants" He said, not taking his eyes off me. He wasn't even talking to me but I still felt my stomach turn around him.

"Our Mother is calling, she wants to see you in her chambers" Prince Larkyn said.

"I'll be back soon Y/n" She said, purposely putting an emphasis on my name. As she left I started to hastily make my way into the next room. Before the Prince stepped in front of me "I didn't say you could leave" He said sharply. I pursed my lips, nervously looking up at him. But Prince Larkyn didn't say anything, just continuing to look into my eyes.

"Prince Larkyn I–" I started before he cut in, "Stop talking" He ordered, leaning closer to me. Something in me just couldn't look away either, his eyes were almost black, but really they were just a deep blue. The kind of blue you see staring into the ocean, when the waters so deep you can't see the bottom.

"Whatever your aim is, I'll see it won't go your way L/n" He muttered, with a dark look crossing his features. "I-I what are you talking about" I whispered in disbelief. "Somehow I doubt that you've enchanted my sister, and my father has taken a liking to you" Prince Larkyn remarked, still not moving away from me.

"I cannot control what the Princess says or feels. As for the King, I'm merely the apprentice of someone he knows" I pointed out trying to keep my voice calm. But really I wanted to take a step away from him. How much closer Prince Larkyn will get to me I have no clue. Finally he stepped away from you "You are dismissed"

"Hello Rivers, hope I didn't leave you hanging" I said, greeting the young man. "No issue, it's been rather calm today" Rivers pointed out. He was a rather small man with wavy dirty blonde hair.

With the duster once again I started working on the staircase. "Rivers are you okay" I pointed out seeing the red stain on his pants. "Shit, I'll be right back" He said, rushing out of the room. Concerned, I followed after him, duster still in hand.

Luckily we were near the servant quarter and I waited patiently outside his room. It was silent and he wasn't responding to my calls. Well here goes nothing... I opened the door and to my surprise, River's had his shirt off with his chest bound. "Crap, why did you come in?" Rivers hissed at me. Making a beeline to the door.

"Hey, hey wait!" I said using my arms to block the door. "I'm a woman" I said unbuttoning my own shirt slightly. "What" River's said blankly looking at me. Finally he calmed down, still looking confused. "I'm-I'm not like you L/n, I'm a man" He said looking at me nervously. Sympathy pricked at my heart. I didn't mean to spook him, beside we all have our secrets gods know I sure do.

"You can call me Y/n, since you know I think we're past formalities with clothes off" I jested, while he softly chuckled. "I'm August, I was born the other sex, but I much prefer this one. To my parents' displeasure, that's how I ended up working as a servant here. What about you Y/n?" He explained.

"Well my Father preferred I present as a male. Because it's much easier to find jobs as you know. He's ill and the reason I'm working here. As for myself, I know I am considered female. But I don't really think much about it, I'm simply myself" I answered honestly. August nodded his head in understanding.

"Well I think I like the person you are" He said with a smile, "We should get back to work before Fitz finds out and has our heads" August continued with a light smile.