Stop staring at me.

Start from the beginning

"You really don't have to feed her."

"I know." I sighed. "Oh, and nothing spicy. It's been making him have heartburn or puke."

"Okay. No problem. Why don't you go ahead and sit?" He nudged me gently towards our table.

"Okay.. ah. Ow." I grunted.

It was like I could feel my nipple cracking.

"What happened? You okay?"

"Mhm. I got it."

I turned away from him and quickly stuck my pinky into Kela's mouth, unlatching her. I shushed her as I adjusted her to the other side and latched her on my left nipple. My father was standing by my seat and pulled it out for me, reaching over for a cloth napkin as I sat.

"You're bleeding."

I nodded and took the napkin, adjusting my hold on Kela and pressing the napkin to my bleeding nipple on the other side. I hissed in pain. Not only was it sensitive but it stung like a bitch.

"Oh, Darling. I know that pain. Do you have any nipple cream? I'm about to make a run to the store and pick up some things I need but I can gladly pick up some cream." Becky offered.

"I mean.. I don't have any. I don't have my wallet though."

Becky laughed. "I don't believe I asked for any money. I'm more than capable of grabbing anything you need without your money."

"Oh, I didn't mean to imply otherwise."

"I know. Trust me... I'm not as sensitive as my son can be about money."

I winced. "That really was my fault. I said things I shouldn't have."

"I think you both have said things you shouldn't and I think there's things you're both overly sensitive about..." She gave me a knowing look.

I pursed my lips as my Dad returned and I adjusted Kela to burp her. "Well... You're not wrong."

Becky chuckled. "I'm usually not. Mind if I take her for you for a few minutes before I head out?"

"No, that's fine. I gotta bring Mase some food anyways."

"He okay?"

I nodded as she took the baby. "Yeah, He just has a headache. Taking a short nap didn't help."

"Okay. You let me know if he needs anything." She nodded.

"I will, Thank you."

I grabbed my plate and his plate and headed out of the dining room.

"If it gets really bad, try having him soak his hands and feet in hot water and a cool compress on his neck."

"Didn't think of that before. Thanks, Dad."

"Also... another thing you could do is.... Feed him."

I chuckled. "That's what I'm on my way to do."

"No. Not like that... Chest feeding? That's what you guys are calling it right? Sometimes when your Father-"

"OH GOD NO! Please, please, please, stop talking. I don't want to hear about this."

He laughed in my head. "I'm just saying it could help any ailments that medicine isn't helping. I'll keep the baby when Becky leaves."

"This is way more than I ever wanted to discuss with you. Thank you for those mental images that are burned into my mind. I'll let you know later but I'm at least taking another hour to try to help him get some food."