Oh.

Theo's POV:

"Just so you know..... I love you."

I stared at Mason wide eyed. "Oh."

He watched me as I finally wrapped a towel around my waist. "Is that a good, oh? Not exactly the kind of reaction I was looking for."

"Just.. Oh..." I mumbled before I fled the room.

He couldn't love me. He couldn't. He was just high on sex endorphins. I quickly dried before I just tugged my shorts from earlier on. I peeled off the now wet bandage before tossing it in the trash. I was panicking. I slipped on a pair of vans before swiping my room key off the table by the door. I left the room and locked it. Leaving the key inside it so that Mason couldn't unlock it from the inside. Someone would have to let him out.

I rushed down the stairs. Being an Alpha gave me the advantage of being able to make my steps near silent. I had just reached the front door when banging on my bedroom door upstairs drew my attention. I ripped the door open, gritting my teeth as the locking mechanism hit my side in my rush to get out the door. I had just gotten the door shut when I heard my Dad go rushing by and heading up the stairs.

"Fuck."

They weren't supposed to find him yet, I hadn't even had time to grab my keys and considering Mason is a tracker, I am so fucked. With no other choice, I jumped off the porch and took off running. By the time I made it the half mile to the training fields, I was massively winded. Melanie had noticed me almost immediately and rushed over.

"Alpha! You're bleeding."

I stopped and looked down at my side. Blood was steadily coming out of my side, it had already soaked into my shorts and some of it was dripping and leaving a trail in the dirt.

"Fuck. You didn't see me."

"Wai- What?"

I ignored her and took off, avoiding the trails, I headed straight for the woods. If I cut through the woods I could make it to my Dads house and lock myself into my old room. I pressed my hand against my side trying to stop the flow of blood. I had to stop twice to catch my breath, at the point I made it to my Dads, my hands were both covered in blood and I almost couldn't get the door open.

I stumbled through the door, ending up falling on the floor, smearing blood on the hardwood floors. I winced. My Dad was so going to kill me. I got up and rushed up the stairs, smearing more blood on the banister and wall before I made it to my door. I got to the door and opened it. I slipped inside and locked the door before going to the walk-in closet, I had gauze and tape hidden in there. I just needed to get to it.

I made it to the box and ripped into it, I got the gauze and pressed it against my side as tight as I could. I was hit with a wave of dizziness so I leaned against the wall before sliding down it to sit on the floor. The gauze I had been using was already soaked, so I grabbed a new piece. My hands were shaking as I pushed the new piece against my side. I slouched and I lost pressure I could put on my side as I started to lose consciousness. I could faintly hear someone scream as they entered the house. Footsteps followed as my head tipped towards my chest.

I forced my head up and back against the wall as banging started on my door. I heard the lock break and the door crashed into the wall before suddenly Mason and my Father were in the doorway of the closet.

"Go away." I mumbled.

My Father shook his head and pulled a switchblade out of his pocket. My eyes widened.

"I know you never wanted me to do this but you're losing too much blood."

He crouched down in front of me before he carefully laid me down. I could now see Paisley and my Dad standing in my old bedroom. My eyes shifted to my Father as he brought the knife to his own arm.