Theo...

Theo's POV:

"Hey, Penny's home for her birthday."

"Don't care." I mumbled, keeping my eyes on my computer.

"Theo... She's your cousin." My Dad said.

"Technically... Devyn is my cousin. Penny is Dad's best friend's daughter who happens to be mated to my cousin."

"Really?"

"I'm busy."

"Theo... It's been 2 months since what happened. You couldn't be further away from us and Mason. I understand better than anyone that this is an ongoing battle that you have to fight but you aren't fighting. You're becoming mean and closed off because you are letting the bad thing win. I was there... I've done it. I learned it's not good. Your Dad showed me that. Have you even spoken to Mason in the last week?"

"It's been more like two."

"Are you-" He sighed. "Are you kidding me?"

"What? What do you want me to say? He leaves every time I try to start a conversation so I stopped trying." I shrugged.

"And why did he stop communicating? I don't see Mason doing that with you of all people for no reason."

I stood up and shut my computer off. "I don't know. Guess you'll have to ask him. If you'll excuse me... I have an appointment."

"Did you ever find out the gender?"

"Nope. Don't want to."

He stepped aside and let me go through. The only progress I had made in the past two months was the fact that I could eat on my own again.

"I don't understand you." He whispered.

"Me either." I said.

I walked down the hall and headed down the stairs. Everyone except Margo was going to be outside for Penny's party. It was why I specifically asked Margo to do my appointment now. I entered the room she had set up for me and quickly dropped my shorts and underwear before sitting on the bed. She came in maybe 10 minutes later.

"Hello, Alpha." She nodded in respect. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I could pop at any second."

"Yeah. Last couple of weeks are the worst. Have you started developing your opening?"

"Yeah, I noticed it last week."

"Alright. Let me just check your vitals and then I can check that and you'll be good to go."

I nodded and sat still as she took my temperature, blood pressure, and heartbeat. She listened to my chest before nodding to herself and asking me to lay back. I worked with Tara everyday to try to get past people touching me and I could handle Margo as it wasn't sexual. I still blanked out when she touched me but I no longer panicked or tried to attack. I withdrew into my own head so she could check that the birth canal was developing okay. I only stayed enough that when she said my name I could hear her.

"All set, Theo. It's already almost fully developed, I would say you could give birth anytime in the next couple of weeks."

"Okay."

"Just make sure you're getting plenty of rest, labor is extensive."

"I will."

"Okay, See you at the party."

"Mhm."

She left the room and I quickly got redressed. I exited the room and paused. Mason was standing and leaning against the wall. He had started to show some. His physique was hiding it more than mine was and he was only showing as if he was a month or so along.