Goddamned Stubborn

Theo's POV:

"As soon as Mason gets back from leading tracker training, he can help you to your room. I think we leave the cast for at least two more days and if you take it easy, you should be healed completely by the weekend. Your face healed nicely and there's only a small scar near your jaw. How does your chest feel? This is the first time you're actually sitting under your own power."

"It hurts a bit but it's not bad. The cast is a little heavy and puts some extra pressure. But I'm fine, Margo. I don't need bed rest. Between you and Mason I've been going crazy out of boredom the last three days."

"Theo... you had a sword slice through your lung. Which is still not fully healed. I know sitting still is hard for you but until you're healed you should be taking it easy." Margo touched my left shoulder.

"I will. I can walk on my own and I can do paperwork in bed using my laptop. I feel good."

"Fine. Try standing on your own." She looked smug.

I stood up and there was pain but nothing unbearable. I set my left hand under my right arm to take some pressure off of it weighing my right side down.

"See. I'm fine."

"I still think you should wait for Mason."

"He's busy for at least another hour. I need to get out of this room."

"Fine. If you are going to be stubborn, fine. At least take a sling to help with keeping the cast from pulling on that side."

"Okay, I can agree with that."

She grabbed a sling and helped me get it settled. I didn't say anything because while it helped take the weight of my arm, the strap went right across the wound on my back and it pressed uncomfortably against it. My wrist on my right arm was level with the wound on my front but I could hold it with my left hand when I walked and it shouldn't bother me.

"If Mason gets mad, this is on you."

"I'm the Alpha. I'm pretty sure it's a given that if I do something it's usually against medical advice and he knows it's because I'm stubborn."

"Alright. Get going. Enjoy your freedom."

"Thanks, Margo."

"Just doing my job."

I headed for the door.

"Hey, Theo?"

I paused and turned back to her.

"I'm glad you made it through. Watching that fight was the most difficult thing I have had to do since helping your father through something terrible. I wasn't sure I would be able to bring you back."

"I have a mate I'm not done protecting. I'm always going to fight to come home."

"Good. Now go, Before you make me cry." She laughed.

"Bye, Margo."

I left the room and made my way down the hall before I gave in and placed my left hand on the wound on my chest. The one of my back still felt uncomfortable with the pressure of the strap but it didn't really hurt per say. I made my way out of the medical wing and into the main part of the house. I could hear Apollo, Laelynn, and My Dad talking in the dining room and made my way there. I was starving and really could sit down too. The walk was definitely feeling longer than it really was. I rounded the corner into the dining room and both of my Dads snapped their heads to me.

"Theo? What the hell are you doing?"

My Dad rushed over to me.

"Margo let me go."