Dix-sept

Caleb's POV

You know how when you are really excited for something time seems to move incredibly slowly? Well that is the caption of my day. I spent the first couple of classes texting the group and Brooklyn.

He told me that he was already in Cali and that he cant wait for us to get there. During lunch i couldn't eat. My stomach churned at the thought that in only 7 days i would have to break the news to Sam.

Although the cafeteria food at our school was amazing, I couldn't bring my self to eat any of it on my last day. I left our lunch table early to say good bye to my teachers. I told a few of them that i would miss them, the others i told them that they were good teachers. Basically i lied to about 3 of them. Oh well.

As i sat in last period history i started to think.

This is my last time having to listen to this moron go on and on about something barley any one cares about.

This is the last time ill be counting down the minutes until the bells rings and i'm free.

This will be the last time i was secretly hold Sammy's hand because the teacher hates when people show affection.

It was the last time for to many things.

I watched the hands on the clock as if they were a movie. I studied the way they moved and thought deeply about the technology that goes into making a functioning clock. And then the bell rang. And everything caught up to me.

Tears began to well up in my eyes. I didn't stay like everyone else to listen to the history teacher go on about having a good spring break, telling us to be safe and he'll see us all in a week.

Not all of us.

The thing that hit me the hardest was that i wasn't going to graduate with Sammy and the boys. I had only known them all for about half a year, and i already felt as close as brother and sisters.

I can remember the first thought that came to my head when i first met Sam.

'Great just another fuck boy.'

But he turned out so different.

He acted so tough in the beginning, as if he needed to prove himself to his buddies. As if, they would hate him if they actually knew the sweet caring side of Sammy i know and love. But that's not the case. Those boys love each other no matter what. I wanted to be apart of that. And now I am.

Me and Jodi are both big parts of their lives. Me being Sam's girlfriend and Jodi being Johnson's. I don't think I've ever felt more excepted with a group of people in my life. Even family makes me feel awkward, like they are all judging me for my looks and style. But the boys don't do that. We can all hang out and be normal and weird and funny. Have deep conversations at 3 am or have conversations that have no point what-so-ever.

People everywhere say there is no such thing as perfection. They are all wrong because the beauty of it all, is that you can create your own perfection. I had created mine. And that was our group.

I had my perfection. Then I had my second perfection. Sammy.

And i can't believe my life is going to change so much because of this one opportunity. But its not something i can let slide by. Not everybody gets this chance.

I sat in the drivers seat of my car waiting for Sam. It wasn't a good idea. Because it gave me time to think even more. And i found myself thinking about a life without Sam. I hated it. It was like i was already living it. In less then 6 hours i will be on a flight to California. in less then 7 days, I will have to break the horrible news.

I just wish i had the guts to do it now. But i can't. He will treat me so differently. And i don't want that. I want this trip to be as if everything is normal.

I had been planning this for month now. Ever since i got the email.

I couldn't help it now there was no stopping the tears from streaming down my face. I could only hope that Sammy wouldn't notice the redness as he sat down.

"So are we hanging out before you drop me off at home or am i going home right now." He asked as cheerful as ever.

"I'm dropping you off now, I'm gonna go home and have a nap." I tried my best to hide the croak in my voice.

It must have worked because he didn't ask me if i was okay.

the car ride was quiet. Beside me Sam tapped his fingers to a cover of 'I miss you.' by blink 182.

"I like this cover because i really like 5SOS' voices." I said quietly. Sam stayed quiet as i sang long.

'Don't waste your time on me your already the voice inside my head.' I would repeat quietly.

I didn't bother to pull into his drive way. I stopped in front of his house. He got out without a word. He could feel i wasn't in the mood for anything. I picked up my phone and played the same song on repeat the whole way to my house.

As i trudged into my house i stopped when i saw my mom at the table. We starred at each other for a minute. I then squeezed my eyes shut and felt a tear roll down my cheek. I felt my mom arms around me and I hugged her tightly.

"I don't want to leave him" I cried.

"I know dear. I know how much you love him."

--------------------------------------
A/N GUYS NOT GONNA LIE I CRIED SO HARD WHOLE WRITING THIS.
ILY ALL MY BAD BITHES ❤️❤️❤️