Dance of Doom

The school bell rang, and the PJ Masks came out along with the other daytime kids.

"Aren't you guys excited for tonight's dance tournament?" Amaya asked her friends.

"Totally! I can't wait to show off my new Gekko moves." Greg replied, showing off the said moves. Connor and Amaya laugh in response.

"With those moves, you'll win the contest for sure." Connor commented as the trio continued their walk home. Unbeknownst to the trio, they were being watched by Octobella via her crystal ball. She cackled as she heard Connor's comment.

"We'll see about that, Tadpole." She turned to Vlad, who was chilling back in the cellar. "Hey, Dragon Boy. How would you like a night off?"

"Name the price." Vlad replied, ever enthusiastic.

Later that night, the students were back on school grounds for the dance tournament, each participant allowed to wear their own costume for additional flash. Naturally, the PJ's came wearing their nighttime costumes. As expected, after a number of challenges, Gekko, who everyone still called Greg, eventually came out on top. At that moment, the Teacher was about to nominate the cup to him.

"And the winner of the annual school dance tournament is..." But before the Teacher could finish his sentence, everyone suddenly turned their attention to a new guest. It was Kalin himself. While everyone else seemed surprised and excited at the same time, the PJ's were rather suspicious. Especially Gekko.

"Vlad. Glad you could make it." Cameron greeted him, dressed in his superhero costume again. "We were just about to declare Greg the winner of the dance tournament."

"Well, in that case, I suppose there's still time for one more challenge?" Kalin suggested.

"What!? No way!" Gekko protested.

"Aw, come on. Give him a chance." Cameron insisted. "Or are you scared he might beat you?"

"Yeah. I've seen him teach Cameron some awesome dance moves on Halloween. He totally deserves a shot." Meg added. The rest of the students followed suit. Gekko then looked at Teacher to see if he was considering it.

"Well, since Vlad isn't a student here, it's technically against the rules for him to compete." Teacher replied. "But since you all insist, then why not?"

"Ugh, alright." Gekko reluctantly agreed. "Guess there's nothing wrong with a little challenge."

"Excellent." Kalin stated as he went up on stage. "Now, let's set up some rules. There will be three rounds. The first round will be on my terms. The second round will be on your terms. And the third round will be for the audience to decide. Deal?"

"Deal." Gekko accepted, and the two shook hands on it. "May the best dancer win."

After a moment of preparation, the two boys stood across from each other on the stage, having chosen to do the Hopak dance first. Once the loudspeaker started playing an accordion music, they both started dancing. Naturally, Gekko found himself out of his element, as Kalin was the expert on this type of dance. Due to the unfamiliar footwork, Gekko ended up tripping over his own feet, much to the audience's amusement. As soon as time was up, Kalin was declared winner of the first round.

"Alright, timeout!" Gekko stated, before dragging Kalin behind stage for a private talk. "Okay, what does Octobella have on you this time?"

"Nothing." Kalin explained. "She only wants to see you lose your honor as a champion. And she's welcome. I want the honor itself. That way, not only will I have beaten you in this tournament in Octobella's name, but I will also be recognized as the greatest dancer in town long after I'm freed from her grasp. Two birds with one stone."