Kalin's Conquest Part 4; Dragon Emperor

While the PJs and their allies spent the rest of the night preparing for the coming battle, Kalin was in the middle of examining his prisoners of war, who were all being held in ball cages.

"You tricked me! You said you mean no harm!" Orticia complained. She was completely powerless without access to surrounding plant life.

"And as I said, no harm will come to you or your pumpkins." Kalin assured her. "At least not while you are up here. Consider it professional courtesy." He then made his way over to Octobella's cage.

"I have a whole collection of crystals back home." She said, trying to bribe him like she did with Nightingale. "If you let me out, I can make you rich beyond your wildest dreams."

"Riches do not interest me." He declined. "How much gold can one nomad carry?"

"You do realize that I'm an octopus. I could easily squeeze through these bars. You're taking a big risk standing so close to me." She said.

"You have been behind bars before." He countered. "You could have squeezed through them, but chose not to. Why?" Octobella didn't respond. "Oh, right. You cannot. Because your head is too thick. And that is something you can never leave behind."

"You better watch out, because I could get past these bars in 5 seconds." She threatened.

"Humor me. I will give you 10." He challenged. Romeo had previously made the bars narrower specifically to hold Octobella. And as expected, her highly flexible body went through, while her head stayed behind. After roughly 10 seconds of struggling for Kalin's amusement, she gave up.

"You may be squiggly, but you are still part human." He taunted. "That and all that comes with it."

"Well, now that we have those PJ Pests in the hiding, what's the plan for taking the city?" Romeo suddenly interrupted.

"Genghis Khan was among first conquerors to use chemical warfare." Kalin explained as he made his way towards the desk. "But there is also lesser know fact about him. He had this unconventional tactic where he employed creatures to soften his enemies up. He simply set them ablaze and unleashed them upon enemy campsites."

"So your plan is to set some creatures on fire and unleash them upon the streets." Romeo asked.

"No, of course not. It is barbaric." Kalin replied. "Besides, would that be enough to burn down this city? I have something much more effective in mind." He then opened the scroll containing information on his sword, which he had taken with him in case of further use. "According to these writings, this sword does more than just bring stone to life. In theory, it can even turn sculptures to flesh, if proper shape and ingredients are used. That is why we will be heading to the city's outskirts, where I will use my sword's power to summon legendary Gorynych the Serpent. Powerful creature believed to be only existent in myth. Until now."

"How long would it take to build the sculpture?" Robot asked, as he and the other robots weren't exactly fans of hard labor, much less artwork.

"That is our problem." Kalin continued. "Building materials include mud and straw, which means it could take weeks or months. And since those PJs continue to resist, we simply cannot afford to work that long. If only there was some way to get it done overnight."

"Well, the only way that's possible is if you had my Luna Wand." Luna Girl spoke from inside one of the cages. "And good luck getting the moon crystal you need to activate it. It's protected by Motsuki on the moon. I warn you not to underestimate her." Kalin chuckled in response.

"If anything, it is Motsuki who will underestimate me and the power that I wield." He said before turning to Romeo. "Looks like we are going to the moon after all."