Chapter 03

Mariyam's pov: I stopped a taxi, as I got inside the taxi. I sat down and looked outside the car. I felt my heart becoming heavy without any reason. I'm feeling like this for years now...I can't put my fingers on why I was feeling like this.

"Ya Rahim..." I said in a quiet voice as I took a deep breath and composed myself.

I took out my phone and dialed a number as I called one of my friends.

After few rings she picked up as I said in an excited tone but kept my voice low. "Sambaaaaaaaaaa"

On other hand, sayma's pov: I was in my office cabin while looking through some case files, when I got a call and as I looked at the phone I saw mariyam's number popping up I smiled and picked up her call.

But before I can even say the salam. She slightly screamed in an excited tone.

As I chuckled and narrowed my eyes in confusion and I said with slight giggle after hearing her excited tone "assalamualaikum pagli (sort of means mental patient in Bengali) what happened? why are you screaming in excitement?"

Author pov: mariyam smiled to herself as she said "walaikum assalam miss lawyer. I just have a good news"

sayma chuckled from the other side and said "and what the good news is? Don't tell me you got rejected again" sayma said in a teasing tone as she signed a paper and placed the file on the table and got up from her chair while stretching.

As mariyam said in an quiet offended tone but it was playful "heyyyyy why are you guys always so mean to me huh? Anyways I got the job today so you better come to our usual meet up place, I'll give all of you a treat"

sayma sighed from the other side and said in an apologetical tone "I'm really sorry, but I have a case to handle. I'll meet you all tomorrow. And tomorrow's treat will be on me if I come to win the case, that I'm gonna fight for at night."

Mariyam replied with a sad tone and sighed "okay....*mariyam stayed quiet for a second and then said in a huffing tone* hmph! You All will see from now on I'll be veryyyy busy too."

Sayma laughed at her childishness and said "first grow up, and then think about being busy, you silly girl"

mariyam giggled and the taxi as she said to sayma while getting out of the taxi after paying.

"sambu I'll call you later okay? Break a leg at the case scene girl!"

"Not one I'll break everyone's leg"

"hey no not everyone's. Or else it will be you who'll go to jail"

they both laughed as sayma said "okay bye"

"byeee"

Mariyam walked in the cafe as she looked around and saw a table at the corner where two girls one with nude colour abaya and niqab and another one with navi blue colour abaya and niqab.

She walked up to them and gave them a Salam as she saw both of them looked up at her and smiled, as they were drinking they're drinks while mariyam saw a banana milk there already placed.

She sat down and giggled as both of the girls looked at her and said "why are you so happy?! Don't tell me you saw someone in your dreams too"

mariyam made a pissed face behind her niqab as she looked at jakiya with 'are you serious' face and tasfiya laughed softly, keeping her voice low.

"Sorry to disappoint you miss, but I'm not like you, or else I'll definitely would've dreamt about it"

"not only you'll dream about it, but you'll even be confused about who you dreamt of if you were jakiya "