Noelle's Newfound strength

Kris pov

"And now the heroes have fallen and I shall have everything I've wanted"

I lay on the floor beaten and bruised while queen mocked us from above. Damnit! Have we really lost-

"Enough!" I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Noelle was standing up to queen. She's never been able to stand up to anyone!

"You've been doing what you want this what but now you're going to listen to me!" She pointed at her with a steely resolve "you pretend that you're on my side and want what's best for me but that's a big fat lie! You haven't asked me what I've wanted once, you've just been pushing your own agenda onto me and I've put up with it but no one and I mean no one touches my friends!"

"What a pro alpha move" birdly muttered in admiration.

"You said it nerd" Susie nodded. I smiled proudly, I always knew she was a secret badass.

"Noelle" queen came down to her level "I'm sorry. I truly just wanted what was best for you and the other lightners. Perhaps I lost sight of that in my quest to make a better world for you. How embarrassing lol" she gave her a gentle smile "let's just forget this ever happened"

"That would be nice" ralsai smiled.

"Who are you again" question marks appeared on her face screen.

"You have got to be kidding me" ralsai sighed.

Noelle turned to me with a soft smile before running into my arms "we did it Kris. We saved the freaking world!"

"We sure did" I held her close.

"Getting a little handsy aren't you" Noelle muttered nervously.

"Depends" I said teasingly.

"Get off me you dork!" She pushed me away with a giggle.

The others started laughing along with her. I joined in, happy to be surrounded by people like them.