16

The next morning came with an early start for everyone in the Danvers's house. Groans and moans could be heard as they headed down stairs. "Good morning everyone!" Eliza exclaimed  happily. A chorus of 'mornings' were heard as they sat down at the breakfast table. "It's our last day here..." Ruby grumbled. "I know sweeetheat but we can come back with everyone again soon." Sam replied. Ruby nodded in  agreement as she continued to eat her breakfast.

A little while later everyone was washed and dressed and packed up to go back to National City. "You all are welcome back here anytime. You especially Ruby!" Eliza said as she hugged the twelve year old girl tight. "Be good...ok..." Eliza whispered in the girls ear. "Did it work?" Ruby asked. "You bet it did kiddo!" Eliza stated as they pulled apart smiling at one another. "What are you talking about?" Alex asked. "Nothing...drive careful! And call me when you get back home!" Eliza said as she looked at Kara. "I'll make sure she calls Eliza!" Lena stated wrapping her arm around the blonde. "It's like I forget on purpose! Geesh!" Kara groaned as she got into the back seat of the suv.

Everyone waved 'bye' as Alex pulled out of the driveway. "That was the best time ever!" Ruby squealed. "I'm glad you had fun Rubes!" Sam replied looking back at her daughter in the third row. Lena and Kara were curled up in the back seat enjoying the chatter around them. However what Ruby said next would have both women choking on air. "Sooo Aunt Lena...I was thinking..." Ruby began. "About what Rubes?" Lena asked without turning around.

"Well..when you and Kara get married...I'll be able to see Eliza all the time! Cause then she'll be apart of our little family!" Ruby exclaimed happily. Kara and Lena started choking on the air around them after hearing the words come out of the twelve year olds mouth. "Uhhhh..." They both said together. No one knew what to say after that, however after a few minutes Lena got a smirk on her lips as she turned to face Ruby. "Ruby...technically for Eliza to become apart of our little family your mom would have to marry Alex. That way Kara would be your auntie and Eliza would be your grandma through marriage!  Wouldn't that be better?" Lena asked.

Now it was the driver and the passenger who were choking on the air around them. "Uhhh...." Sam and Alex grumbled together. After that no one really talked much. Ruby listened to her music on her phone, Lena and Kara stayed curled up together while Alex drove the suv her eyes glued to the road and Sam well she was still in shock at how blunt her friend was.