12

The morning came with a start for everyone. Kara and Lena were the second ones up with Eliza being the first. "Is there anything I can do to help with breakfast Eliza?" Lena asked. "Oh no dear! You can just take a seat with Kara. Speaking of? How did you two meet again?" Eliza asked looking between them. "Uhh...it happened at a coffee shop. I was with Sam who was groaning about how I needed to meet someone new after being single for a while. So she dared me to ask out the next woman who came in." Lena began. "That's when Al and I walked in. I was running behind like always so Al got our regulars and I waited checking my phone as usual when something caught my eye. However when I looked her way she quickly turned. Then you called so I put my phone down to get my coffee and doughnut and wound up leaving." Kara added.

"That's when Alex got her attention and she ran back in grabbed her phone and was heading out when I made my move to talk to her. She was quite disheveled when I introduced myself, making up excuses that she was gonna be late...however I wanted to at least ask her on a date..." Lena stated. "So...when she asked me out I quickly wrote my number down on my napkin and handed it to her, as I was leaving she called out 'I'll text you so you can have my number!' After that we just began hanging out, lunch dates...and so on..." Kara rambled.

Eliza couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face as she heard the retelling of how Lena and Kara met. "Well isn't that a nice story. Now only if Alex could meet someone like that...she may finally get over that Sawer girl." Eliza muttered. "I think she already kind of has. We may have made Sam sit in the passenger seat all the way here last night. And before we fell asleep I noticed them giggling to one another over something." Lena added with a smile. "Oh? Hmm well they would make a lovely couple wouldn't they...maybe we should help out a little..." Eliza added looking between her daughter and her girlfriend. "I think we could help with that Eliza." Kara said as she took the plate full of food from her adoptive mother.