13

Alex, Sam and Ruby came downstairs a few minutes later and joined them at the table. "This is really good Eliza!" Ruby exclaimed as she finished her breakfast. "I'm glad you like it. What are you all planning on doing today?" Eliza asked. "Well, I thought we'd go for a hike, then maybe have lunch at the diner." Alex stated. "That sounds nice. What about you two?" Eliza asked Kara and Lena. "We were thinking that we'd spend the day with you. Lena and I thought we'd take you out for lunch and shopping." Kara explained. "Oh really?" Eliza asked eyeing them. "Yes. It was my idea Eliza." Lena replied with a smile. "Well the how about we all go get showered and dressed then we can head out." Eliza stated as everyone separated.

Kara and Lena shared a shower and got dressed in simple clothes. Lena had on a pair of shorts and a Tshirt while Kara had on a tank top and shorts. Both slipped on sandals and headed downstairs. Alex was in the middle of getting dressed when there was a knock on her bedroom door. "One second!" Alex called out as she adjusted her bra straps. "Alex! It's me Ruby!" The young girl called out as she opened the door. "What is it kid?" Alex asked as she pulled a shirt on. "Do you like my mom?" The twelve year old asked.

"Uh...what do you mean?" Alex asked curiously. "I'm not blind Alex...I see the way you two look at each other. It's ok you know! I'm ok with it, if you want to ask out mom and all." Ruby added with a smile. Before Alex could respond the girl was gone again. "Huh..." Alex said to herself as she put on some shoes and got ready to go down stairs to wait for Sam and Ruby to join her. Meanwhile in the other spare room Ruby was telling her mom the same thing she told Alex a few minutes ago. "Um thanks Rubes...." Sam replied as they shared a hug before heading downstairs.