31. Romance In France

"Carrie, are you drunk?"

Song of the chapter: Crazy in Love by Sofia Karlberg

 __________________________________

Recap:

Mother Nature lifted her hand and the flames around her rose.

The three Mikaelsons had to shield themselves from the fire and Finn with Esther disappeared.

"Are they?" Klaus asked and Mother Nature shook her head.

"No. I cannot kill directly in this form. And it is not supposed to be me who gets rid of Esther Mikaelson," she told them and watched as Elijah begged for Clarissa to hold on as he tried to heal her but to no success.

"Fear not, Elijah. Your soulmate is destined to do many great things in the future," Mother Nature walked over to Clarissa and kneeled beside her.

She placed her hand gently on her stomach, a green glow emitted from her hand, the blood slowly traveling back into Clarissa and the wound healed itself.

As the girl stopped bleeding, Nature smiled and Clarissa's eyes closed slowly.

"She just needs to rest. She will be alright," she spoke softly and looked at the brothers.

"I meant what I said, you were meant to become vampires. But I must warn you, boys. The white oak is still among us and you must find it before it is too late," Mother Nature warned them before she kissed Clarissa's forehead and flew back into the doppelganger.

The three looked at each other before Elijah picked the girl up and they all left, not looking behind.

 __________________________________

Clarissa and Elijah left Mystic Falls not long after the girl woke up after Esther tried to kill her. 

She always wanted to get out of the town and Elijah made it his mission to take her anywhere she wanted.

As of right now, the two were in Paris. 

Clarissa also told him about seeing ghosts. 

At first, it was only Henrik. 

But then it was Lexi, her mother, Jenna, and even Vicki. 

Unsurprisingly, Elijah was shocked at first.

Walking beside each other with their hands linked, they both had smiles on their faces. 

Clarissa felt her phone buzz and she pulled it out of her pocket, holding it to her ear. 

"Hi, Carrie. How are you, sweetie?" Clarissa asked, hearing giggles from the other line. 

"Carrie, are you drunk?" Clarissa asked again with a laugh and Elijah grinned.