12. Won't Forget Pain

"It's okay, I'm right here,"

Song of the chapter: Tears of Gold by Faouzia

__________________________________

Recap:

"I'm sorry I broke the deal," Elijah said after a while of silence. 

"You didn't break the deal, Elijah. What happened is something you couldn't control. And you sent Jonas to help. That's not what looks like breaking the deal to me," she said, turning to look at the vampire.

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert," Elijah told the girl who laughed slightly. 

"Please, Elijah. We're way past this. Call me anything you can make from Clarissa," the Gilbert girl smiled at him.

The girl then froze, remembering something. 

"Oh my god, they killed me," Clarissa said, covering her mouth slightly. 

"I died. H-how am I alive?" she questioned with tears in her eyes.

"I've had a protection spell placed on you," the Original said quietly, embracing the girl who had started crying. 

The Original didn't care Claire was ruining his suit, he just held the girl who tried to be strong but was broken on the inside.

Clarissa looked at Elijah and smiled at him gratefully.

__________________________________

Clarissa woke up in her bed at the sound of knocking. 

"Jen, I love you so much but right now I hate you," the brunette said, throwing a pillow blindly. 

"That doesn't make any sense?" Jenna said, throwing the pillow back at the girl. 

"You're coming with me to the tea party," Jenna said, jumping on the bed beside the girl.

"Why?" Claire as she turned to look at her aunt. 

"Because you love me and need to get out of the house sometimes," the Sommers woman said, leaving the girl's room. 

"I hate you!" Clarissa called after her aunt. 

"No you don't!" Jenna yelled back, laughing along the way. 

"Every freaking weekend. All I want is one calm weekend where I don't have to do anything. Is that so much to ask?" she muttered as she got up from her bed.

"I'm surprised you're alive," Jeremy told her aunt. 

"Yeah, me too," Jenna said, looking at his nephew.

"Aunt Carol," Clarissa smiled at the mayor, kissing her on the cheek. 

"Claire, how are you, dear? You look beautiful," Carol complimented and Clarissa smiled brightly.