10. Deal With Devil

"It's nice to meet you, Elijah,"

Song of the chapter: Better Than Revenge (Tay's version) by Taylor Swift

_________________________________

Recap:

In Mystic Falls, Elijah was looking out of the window when Jonas Martin walked into the room.

"Where's Luka?" the Original questioned, still looking out of the window.

"Asleep," Jonas replied after a while.

"Your shadow spell was successful. I was able to track Clarissa. However, I did have a little run-in with one of the brothers that killed me," Elijah told the man.

"I assume he didn't live to tell about it," Jonas mused.

"Actually, I spared him. He'd die before he let anything happen to Elena. They both would, but I need the other one to be kept safe. Clarissa Gilbert cannot be harmed under any circumstances. Do you understand?" Elijah turned to the warlock. "Yes," he replied.

"Aw, that's sweet," Caroline spoke and Clarissa nudged her in the ribs, making her let out a squeal.

"Clary!" the blonde yelled and Claire smiled innocently.

"Give me the moonstone," Damon said as he walked Clarissa to her house.

"Not a chance in hell. Katherine gave it to me because she trusts me, I'm not gonna give it away," she said before she closed the door behind her.

_______________________________

Clarissa woke up the next morning and felt something weird.

She ignored the feeling and walked down, trying to leave the house when she hit something, but it wasn't the door.

"Boundary spell? Really?" she muttered under her breath before she went to the kitchen.

She started doing food for herself and she felt eyes on her.

"I must say you surprised me with the boundary spell. That was a smart move," she said, turning around to see Bonnie, Elena, and Jeremy looking at her.

She then walked back to her room, calling Jenna.

"Hey, Jen. Will you be home for lunch? I don't have any plans so I'm staying home and I thought I could cook something," Clarissa said to the phone, hiding the moonstone in the secret compartment of the bedside table.

"No, but you could do dinner. It's been a while since you cooked something. That'd be great," Jenna said and hung up the phone.

Clarissa wanted to put it down when Tyler called her.