1. Dead Best Friends

"Don't

"Don't. Only my family gets to call me that. And even if I'm related to you, you sure as hell are not my family,"

Song of the chapter: Backstabber by Kesha

__________________________________

Walking inside the house, Clarissa Gilbert closed the door after her, noticing the house was oddly quiet.

"Jeremy? John?" she called out when she heard some noise.

She entered the kitchen, noticing John bleeding out on the floor.

She quickly kneeled beside him, taking a clean towel, and applying pressure on the wound.

Calling 911, she put the phone to her ear.

"911, what's your emergency?" they asked the brunette.

"I need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street, my uncle was stabbed and he's bleeding out," she said when John started mouthing behind you.

Clarissa grabbed the bloodied knife which John was stabbed with.

Hearing a noise she slowly walked to the living room, turning around to see a vampire speeding around and out of the house.

Realizing something, she dropped the knife and ran upstairs.

Jeremy was lying lifelessly on his bed.

Trying to shake him awake, she hoped for the best.

"Jeremy, please wake up. Jerry please," Clarissa pleaded, and the youngest Gilbert gasped awake.

Clarissa threw her shoe at Jeremy as he was too far to reach for her.

"Ow! What was that for?" he questioned, rubbing his head at the spot where the shoe hit him.

"For almost giving me a heart attack," she replied, and Harmony handed Clarissa the shoe.

"Here you go, Mom," she said and Clarissa smiled at her daughter.

Clarissa was standing on top of the stairs, her arms crossed when a police officer stopped Elena and Stefan from entering.

"They're okay," Clarissa told the cop, the pair walking up to the younger twin.

Clarissa quickly walked to Jeremy's bedroom, the duo following behind her.

Clarissa sat next to Jeremy and wrapped her arm around his shoulders.

"What happened?" the vampire asked and Jeremy kept staring ahead.

"He said Anna gave him her blood, then took these pills. And I'm not sure if he's a vampire or not," the younger girl said, worried for her brother.