14. Truth And Heartbreak

"If it's there, you owe me either food or new heels,"

Song of the chapter: Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls

_________________________________

Recap:

She heard something when the Original appeared in front of her. 

"Elijah," she breathed out and coughed. 

"Cassie," Elijah said, carefully picking her up. 

"Where's your sister?" he asked the girl who put her head on his shoulder. 

"Our family lakehouse. It's not far from Mystic Falls," she said and Elijah sped away with her in his arms. 

"They broke the deal," Clarissa realized quietly. 

Elijah put the girl down, and she leaned against a tree. 

The vampire then sped away, leaving the brunette.

Clarissa passed out not long after Elijah was daggered again. 

She fell from her position as blood dripped yet again from Claire's nose.

 _________________________________

Luka is dead, Jonas is dead, Elijah is still dagger and Isobel arrived. 

It's like Clarissa didn't have enough problems to deal with and new ones keep piling up. 

Isobel told Jenna she already met Elena but didn't say anything about Claire which the brunette was grateful for. 

Because truth be told, she didn't hate Isobel as Elena did. 

After all, she was her mother and she loved her.

Clarissa walked through the woods in the middle of the night, the moon creating a path for her. 

"Uh, what are you doing in the middle of the night in the woods?" Jenna questioned her niece who shrugged, not knowing.

The girl stopped in her tracks, looking up at the moon. 

It shined down on her, and the brunette started walking again. 

She didn't stop until she found what she was looking for. 

Entering a building, she snapped her fingers, lighting the candles around her. 

"Clarissa, what can I do for you?" Emily Bennett's spirit asked the girl. 

"Is it possible I could talk to Sheila?" Clarissa questioned and heard muttering around her before it stopped. 

Emily disappeared and moments later, at the same spot, Sheila Bennett appeared instead.