27. Seconds Before End

"You're gonna be alright, Carrie

"You're gonna be alright, Carrie. I promise,"

Song of the chapter: Say Don't Go (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) by Taylor Swift

__________________________________

Recap:

"I'm doing it to protect him, Bonnie," Elena tried to reason and Clarissa scoffed. 

"Yeah, you said that last time you compelled him, and look where it got you. You're taking his choice away. History is repeating itself,"

"Claire's right, Elena," Jenna said.

"I'm just gonna go, sleep it off or something. Happy birthday," Bonnie said and left the crypt. 

Clarissa sighed only and she felt blood pour from her nose. 

She wiped it away before she took a bite of the cake. The tension between the doppelgangers was intense, you could cut it with a knife.

__________________________________

Tyler came by and he and Caroline left, leaving Clarissa, Elena, and Matt. 

The witch's phone beeped and she noticed multiple texts. 

Kat: Where are you?

Kat: I'm worried about you

Nik: Where are you love?

Kat: Clarissa! I haven't seen you in hours

Nik: Answer the phone sweetheart

Clarissa sighed, turning off her phone. 

Seeing Tyler and Caroline weren't returning, she got up. 

"Hey, I'm gonna look for the two. You coming?" she asked and the duo nodded, getting up as well. 

Clarissa turned on her flashlight. 

The three together looked around, calling for the two when Matt was thrown against a wall, making the sisters gasp. 

Stefan appeared and covered their mouths, speeding away. 

The vampire then knocked the younger girl out much to Elena's protest. 

"What are you doing Stefan?" Elena asked as he sped with the car, Clarissa still unconscious. 

However, the brunette witch woke up, hearing her sister's shouts and yells. 

The girl looked around and what was in front of her made her pause. 

"No,"

She knew that route.