Fuck.

Would shifting always be this fucking painful?

Feeling myself stand on all fours, my wolf let out an ear piercing howl, before darting off further into the woods.

I didn't need to ask him where he was taking us.

Faster. He shot between the trees, jumped over exposed roots, his breathing coming out in pants, his legs propelling forward.

Orion.

That was the name of the human hunter.

My second mate.

Dad said we would have to consult the elders. Although having two mates wasn't unheard of, it wasn't too common. And he wasn't sure what the best course of action was. After we'd walked away from the bunker, Dad had holed himself up in his office, pouring over books, trying to gather some information before we faced the elders, while I paced up and down the mansion, unsure what - or who - I should be doing.

My wolf howled again, his paws crunching on the woodland floor as he pounded forward, determined to find his mate.

Radley.

After what Orion had told me, after learning that he'd seen Radley last night ... Radley didn't seem all that innocent now. Was the pain in my chest because the two of them were having ... sex ... without me?

Was that the way this worked?

Growling, I let my wolf take the reins and get us to Radley's house. It was late, but I wanted ... no, needed ... to see him.

My not-so-innocent little mate.

Skidding to a stop once we were on the edge of the tree line surrounding Radley's house, I looked around, noticing the light on in the bedroom of the house on the first floor.

Is that you, Radley?

Shifting back into human form, I walked forward a few feet to stand in his back garden. There was a drainpipe running down next to the window with the light, and a huge tree right next to it. It was a dry night. I shouldn't have any issues climbing the drainpipe up that room.

Deciding that was exactly what I was going to do, I did just that, glancing through the open window once I reached the first floor.

Radley was just getting to his feet to stand near his bed, dressed in a hoodie and jeans, looking like he was ... waiting for someone?

Orion.

Orion had told me tonight that he was meant to see Radley.

I was right. Radley wasn't as innocent as he seemed.

Pushing the window open, I took in his surprised expression as I stepped over the windowsill and into his room. His wide green eyes travelled the length of my nude body, his gaze sending shivers along my skin, heating it impossibly more.

Walking over to his bed, he gasped as his eyes landed on my erection, making my dick stretch further, reaching for him. My wolf panted and howled, trying to push me forward, trying to get me closer to him.

Stopping right in front of him, I reached out and ran a hand through his thick dark blonde hair, shivering as I felt his breath hitch. His cheeks took on some colour as his eyes continued their appraisal of my body.

He felt it, right? The mate bond?

If he had a wolf, like I thought he did, he would know I was in my rut. He would feel it. His wolf would be urging him towards me, just like mine was right now. Knowing I was in my rut, his wolf would send him into one, too.

Two mates in a rut.

What would we do?

"Radley." My voice was raspy, thick. My heart was crashing against my ribs, my skin feeling hot and hyper sensitive.

Please touch me.

As if hearing my thoughts, I watched as he lifted his arm tentatively, then reached over, his fingers lightly grazing my chest.

A moan bubbled up my throat and my cock twitched.

"Alaric." My name fell from his lips in a whisper and I closed my eyes, feeling my wolf brush against the edges of my mind, wanting to get out and touch his mate.

His fingers continued to explore my skin, moving lower, dipping in between the muscles on my stomach, teasing my navel, travelling higher once more to scrape over my chest. Sparks erupted over my skin, and I shivered, feeling my balls tightened with every touch of his hands.

Leaning down, I pressed my lips to his forehead. "Come back to the mansion with me," I muttered.

"I ... can't," he whispered and I opened my eyes. He looked up at me, unshed tears in his eyes as he blinked. "Claudia ..."

"Please," I begged, hearing the whine in my voice.

"But ..."

"It's okay." I wrapped my arms around his slim waist, pulling his body flush to my own hot one. I felt him rest his hands gently on my shoulders and I shivered. I wanted to throw him down on his bed, rip off his clothes and take him, right here, right now. Show him who his Alpha was. Who his mate was.

But ... he would make noises. I knew I would. And I couldn't risk Claudia hearing or walking in on us. She didn't know about us ... not yet.

She will, one day. That day wouldn't be today, though.

After my mother told me how Claudia had marched Radley out of the mansion earlier today ... and the way she spoke to me this morning ...

My wolf growled, and I buried my nose in Radley's hair, breathing him in.

Rosewood and citrus.

His scent calmed my wolf, and instead he started to whimper, wanting to mate with him. My hips bucked against him instinctively and I heard him gasp.

Fuck.

Pulling back, I grabbed Radley's hand and led him mutely out of the room, down the stairs, to the front door, trying to be as quiet as I could. But the stiff dick between my legs made walking difficult.

Radley didn't pull me back, didn't stop me at all as I reached into the pocket of his jeans to look for his keys, making sure my fingers grazed his dick through the fabric. My wolf yipped as I found his cock was as hard as mine.

Fuck.

Fast.

I had to be fast.

Or I was going to lose it right here, right now.

Taking a deep breath, I pulled my hand out of his jeans and fumbled around in the pocket of his hoodie, fishing out his keys. I unlocked the front door, shoving Radley outside, then joined him, locking the door behind me. Radley gaped at me, a deep blush on his face. Dipping my hand into his pocket to drop the keys, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his.

He fell forward slightly, his arms immediately snaking around my neck, his lips moving against mine.

My wolf howled, my skin erupted in heat, my cocked swelled impossibly more.

Fuck.

I wanted him.

So fucking much.

Reaching down to cup his firm ass, I ground against him again, swallowing a moan that bubbled up from his throat.

My hands moved lower and I pulled his legs up until they were wrapped around my waist and started walking forward, holding him close to me, my tongue still playing with his.

I was going to get this little mate of mine back to the mansion.

And then I'll show him the night of his life.