Trinity Of Entanglement Chapter Eighteen

Start from the beginning

Xavier stands and walks toward her, but halts and keeps his distance. Before going any closer, he asks me, ‘We’ve chosen Annalise, and Larissa, no matter the circumstances, correct?’

‘It’s going to be hard to reject Skylar and Lorna if that moment arrives. But yes, we’ve chosen Annalise, no matter what.’

‘There is a year before our mate appears, Xillon. Let’s get Skylar and Lorna back to their chosen mate and keep our distance from them. We’ll deal with everything else later when the time comes.’ Without another word, he walks over, nudges her paw with his and gestures with his head for her to follow him.

We had gotten only a few yards when we’re cut off by Nox and Larissa. They both get into a defensive stance, growling and snarling in anger. His snout brushes ours and he nips at Xaviers neck, while Larissa circles Skylar. Skylar tilts her neck in submission, whimpering at Larissa’s alpha dominance.

Trex forces himself between us, growling, and commands, ‘This all ends now! Return to the pack house! Shift and clothe yourselves! We’ll hash all of this out as humans!’

We all growl at each other for a last time before darting towards the pack house.

***

Once everyone had shifted and clothed themselves, Jarek runs inside to collect Calissa and we all march towards the training grounds. Sending death glares at each other the whole way.

We all form a circle around Jarek and Calissa. He crosses his arms, glaring at all of us, and asks, “What’s the meaning of all of this? Xillon will start, then I want to hear Finley’s side. We’re going to keep this civil. If a fight breaks out, I’ll pound you both into the dirt.”

Rolling my eyes and shaking my head, I say, “It’s a long story, man. Started when Finley arrived. Apparently, he has a strong connection with Annalise. They could be mates. But, upon meeting Lorna, we also have a profound connection. Some wires got crossed, is all. This is where I’ll say that Annalise and I have chosen each other. If Finley is her mate and Lorna is mine, we will reject our mates and be together. I ask that you stay away from Annalise, Finley. I’ll do the same and stay away from Lorna.”

Finley gets in my face, pokes me in the chest and yells, “What the hell were you doing with her in the middle of the fucking woods?”

Pushing him away I yell, “doing your job asshole and trying to get her back to the pack house safely! Don’t think I don’t know about you and Annalise meeting up at the cave!”

Annalise’s eyes widen and she pulls me back from Finley and whispers, “I didn’t realize anyone else around here knew about my cave. I assure you that nothing happened. That was the only time we interacted with each other that night. Or any other time, actually.”

Shrugging her hands off my shoulders, and mind linked her. ‘I had a dream where you and Finley met up in the cave that night. It was so vivid, but I said nothing because hey, it was just a dream, right? But you just confirmed that it actually happened. Wow, I think I would have rather felt insane after you denied it happened. At least you didn’t freaken lie to me. Guess I have that going for me.’

She grasps my shoulders, shaking her head and sends back, ‘we didn’t do anything, Xillon. I swear. We only talked for a few moments and I left. I had fallen asleep, and he randomly showed up. Told him I promised you I would stay away from him. I’ve done what I promised. I have stayed away from him.’

“Don’t take a swing at me. I’m coming over there,” Finley said and came to stand beside us. “I know you guys are having some kind of back-and-forth argument about me,” he says, crossing arms in front of his chest and rolling his eyes. “So let me get some things straight. You don’t need to worry about me. I love Lorna with all my heart. Would do nothing to betray her. I’ve never touched Annalise. We’ve only talked twice the whole time I’ve been here. Nothing has happened between us and nothing ever will. Can we let bygones be bygones and be friends? Lorna needs friends, and frankly, it would be nice to have some myself. This last month has kicked my ass being away from Lorna and not having anyone to talk to.”

Annalise clasps her hands and pleads, “Please, Xillon. Let’s all start over. We all need to learn how to coexist together. Finley has been the odd man out for a month now. That was wrong of us.”

Finley holds his hand out and asks, “what do you say, man? We’ll keep our hands off of each other’s girls and be friends.”

Glancing between the two, I grin and shake his hand, saying, “being friends sounds great to me. Sorry, I’ve been such an ass.”

“All is well. Everythings in the past. Now we can all move forward,” he says and saunters back over to his girlfriend.