27. Love Me or Leave Me

"Can you get your foot out of my face?"

     "My foot is nowhere near you!"

"Hyunjin it's basically in my lap!"

"No it is not!"

"Yes it is!"

"Huh? What are we taking about?"

"Nothing, Jisung. Go back to sleep."

"Oh...Okay."

".....Hyunjin move your foot."

"I can't help that I need to stretch out my legs, I feel cramped back here!"

"Well I can't help that you were born with stilts for legs!"

"And I can't help that you're short!"

".....Minho I'm going to kill him."

"No blood in my car."

A sigh. "Just move your foot, it's not that hard!"

"And put it where, Changbin? Out the window??"

"I'm about to throw both of you out the window if you don't shut up," Minho finally said, his voice perfectly neutral as he gripped the steering wheel tightly, his eyes on the road.

I looked over my shoulder. "Or don't shut up. I'm sure Jisung, Minho, and I will laugh pretty hard when we leave you two on the side of the road."

Changbin leaned forward slightly. "Haewonnie, please. You see what I'm dealing with back here right?"

The brunet was sitting in the middle seat between Hyunjin and Jisung, looking absolutely squished. Jisung was sound asleep on his left, his cheeks a little puffy as he leaned against the window with his mouth slightly open. Hyunjin was the opposite, completely awake and giving Changbin a massive side eye. One of his feet was propped up on the console in the middle of Minho and I, the other probably squished somewhere behind my seat. The console was right in front of Changbin, so Hyunjin's leg stretched over his.

"I can't even lean forward anymore because of his freakishly long legs!"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes before looking toward Minho innocently. "How close are we?"

"What did I tell you the last time you asked?"

"'Not close enough'?" Hyunjin repeated.

"There's my answer."

"So......" Hyunjin dragged out. "Where are we at?"

"My limit."

I sighed, leaning my head back against my seat. Changbin and Hyunjin just seemed to be ticking Minho off today, and it was doing my massive headache no favors. I was starting to really regret telling Chan I would come to his meet today, especially since I was starting to get the feeling that today was a bad day for my *condition*. And I was about to make it worse from the proximity to my soulmate.

There was only one reason I was still going at this point.

To try and win my soulmate back.

     Kioku pointed out that I have the chance to have Chan as my soulmate, the chance to convince my best friend to look at me the same way I look at him.

     I had two weeks, and then.....

     I forced myself to think of something else.

     My head had been pounding all day, and judging by the way I could feel myself getting a little overheated, I probably had a fever still. Minho had been giving me Tylenol around the clock, trying to slow the worst of the side effects. He knew that I wanted to be at this competition for Chan, though he didn't understand fully why I was so adamant.