12. Introductions

"Hey guys wanna check out the new single I'm about to drop?!"

     Felix's head shifted on my lap as we both turned to face Jisung, who's yell I just swear echoed through the library. Sometimes I forget just how loud he can be, but never for long. I kept playing with the ends of Felix's hair as Hyunjin and Minho looked up as well, Hyunjin from the phone in his hand and Minho from his sleep.

If looks could kill, Jisung would be dead right now

     Felix opened his mouth. "Since when—"

     "It's me. I'm single. Please date me."

I snorted as the dark haired boy plopped down in the chair beside Minho, putting his hands up in a pleading motion.

Hyunjin laughed. "Did you get rejected again?"

"....No."

We all shared a look.

Jisung may have a reputation for being a total flirt, but within our group we know the second Jisung is actually interested in someone, he looses all ability to even compliment them. I once watched him tell a girl her face was 'fun' for a whole week until she finally yelled at him to go away. It ended up with Jisung heartbroken and Chan having to sit him down and try to teach him how to talk to women.

And what did the rest of us do?

We made a chart that gets updated every semester of how many times Jisung gets rejected.

I looked down to see Felix already pulling out his phone while biting his lip. "Rejection number 36–"

"37," I corrected.

     "Dang, it's not even."

Jisung's pleading motions became more aggressive.

     He slowly turned to the other side of the couch he was sitting on where Minho was laying down, still glaring. Does he want to die? I don't even think Minho has blinked since he was woken up. Jisung slowly raised his clasped hands.

"Do you want another rejection?"

Jisung's face fell.

Felix met my eyes over the edge of his phone. "Can I count that as 38?"

I felt the corners of my mouth lift. "Go for it."

Jisung turned to his opposite side, meeting eyes with Hyunjin who took one look at him and collapsed into laughter, hiding his face behind his hand. Then, his eyes flitted to Felix as the blond boy tried not to look at him, biting his lip while staring intently at his phone screen, trying not to laugh. Finally, his eyes met mine.

     "Come on Haewonnie~" His cheeks puffed out as he pouted. "You wouldn't be mean to me, right?"

     I opened my mouth with a grin, but Hyunjin responded before I could.

     "Like she'd go on a date with you. Our Haewonnie has higher standards," Hyunjin teased. "We all know she's waiting on her soulmate."

     I felt Felix stiffen where he was laying as I felt a strike to my heart at Hyunjin's words. I didn't dare look down, knowing that I would be met with a gaze of sympathy and pity. After all, Felix still believed I was soulmateless, and I didn't see any reason to tell him the 'truth' that I told Minho, Seungmin, and Jeongin.

     It would break him.

     My eyes naturally shifted to Minho to see his reaction, only to be met with the picture of him staring quietly at the ceiling. His eyes were filled anger and some other kind of pain I couldn't place.