19. Zombie

"Hey Won, can you help Felix at the register? The kid is struggling."

I looked up from the dough I had been kneading as Minho entered the kitchen, a tray of used plates and utensils in his hands.

"Why would I do that?" I challenged, reaching up to move a piece of hair off my cheek.

Minho placed the tray beside the sink, turning around to lean against the opposite side of the counter I was on. "Because I'm your boss?"

"Oh scary~ and we're co-owners, by the way."

"I could always sue you," Minho mused.

I snorted, pausing on my work. "Okay? Have fun finding someone who can deal with your 'oh-so-wonderful personality."

Minho leaned forward. "As if anyone could put up with yours."

"Careful, I might just throw this dough at your face."

"Do that and I call Hansel and Gretel to throw you in the oven again."

"....You got me there."

Minho looked smug as I stopped kneading the dough. I could throw this at him right now. He wouldn't see it coming. I could hit his stupid face like it was a target, and the picture would most definitely end up on The Wall. I brushed my flour covered hands against each other, deciding I would be nice for once.

     "I'm not doing this for you," I said, pointing at the brunet as I moved to wash my hands. "I'm switching for Felix."

     Minho followed me to the sink. "Is it so hard to admit that you love me?"

     I gave him a wide smile. "I would honestly rather lock myself in a freezer."

     He narrowed his eyes. "You're actually impossible."

     My hands were still dripping with water as I turned off the sink, turning to face him. "You know what else I am?"

     Minho crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for me to finish.

     I grinned. "Fast."

     I flicked the water from my hands at his face and bolted toward the door.

     I heard him let out a yell as I pushed open the doors, returning to walking normally as I got into the customers line of sight. My eyes found Felix at the register and I immediately knew something was wrong.

     For one, Felix was biting his lip as the woman in front of him spoke rapidly. I couldn't here her well from here, but I knew Felix only bit his lip and stared blankly forward when he couldn't process what he was being told. She was speaking so fast his brain couldn't translate. It not like this hasn't happened before, so that's not the part that worried me.

     What worried me was the fact that Felix was standing completely still, his body not reacting at all to the Twice song playing through the cafe.

     This is bad.

     I quickly walked over, noticing how Felix's body seemed to relax as he saw me moving closer. Clearing my throat, I turned to the woman who was still speaking rapidly.

     "What seems to be the problem?" I said.

  I kept calm as the woman explained what was wrong. Apparently Felix, in his struggle to understand, actually did not understand and gave the woman the wrong order. I can't blame him, she was speaking so fast that I almost couldn't understand her. Smiling as I handed her the correct order, I turned the blond at the register.