9. The Boy With The Smile

"Noona!"

"I've got you, I've got you."

"Can you hear me?"

"Please stay awake."

"I'm going to get you some help, I promise."

"I'm going to pick you up now, okay? Hold on you look very uncomfortable let me just—there."

"Sir this is my stop."

"I think he thought I was kidnapping you."

"Please hang on just a little bit longer."

"Crap!"

"Noona?!"

"Please breathe."

"Please, I can't—I can't see this again. Not again."

"Seungmin pick up!"

"I'm going to get you help, Noona. Please just hang on!"

"Please keep breathing. Please keep breathing."

"I'm almost there, I promise."

"Please wake up."

"Seungmin! Where are you?!"

"Hey Innie, I just saw your ca—is that a girl?"

"Please help her, please! She—She passed out and I caught her and I g-grabbed all her stuff and everything, a-and she was sick and there were a lot of f-flowers but she didn't want anyone to know so I k-kept it a secret but now she's—she's worse and I think I-I killed her. I think I killed her Seungmin!"

"Hold on, hold on. Calm down Innie. Can you lay her down so I can help?"

"Y-Yeah."

"She's still partially conscious. Burning up though. How long ago did she collapse?"

"Maybe fifteen minutes ago? No, twenty. I'm not sure."

"Any other symptoms?"

"....I don't know."

"That's okay, thank you Innie. You did a good job. Can you watch her while I go get an ice pack?"

"Yes."

"See? Told you I knew someone who could help!"

"You'll be okay."

"Seungmin? Someone keeps calling her phone."

"Seungmin?! She stopped breathing! She stopped breathing! What do I do?! Seungmin? Seungm—?!"

- - _ - - _ - - _ - - _ --  _ - - _ - - _ - - _ - -

     Everything hurt.

     I took a deep, rattling breath, scrunching up my nose as light filtered past my eyelids. Did I forget to close my curtains? And what was so cold on my forehead? I opened my eyes, removing some cloth from the upper half of my face and blinking rapidly as it was attacked by the sun. My vision finally focused on the ceiling above me, and I immediately frowned.

     Where were my stars?

     Did they fall down? Chan and I had put those up when I moved here. And when did I paint my walls grey?