16. Hold Me

"We need to change."

I shivered in Chan's arms, wet clothes still clinging to my skin from the rain. Chan was a bad off as I was, shaking slightly as I held on to him. Still, I didn't want to let go.

I was cold, but I was warm in his arms.

He lifted his head a bit from where it had been buried in my neck. "Won, we really do need to change."

His tone was teasing as he spoke beside my ear, and I frowned. "I'm not cold," I said.

I immediately shivered.

Chan let out a musical laugh. "You're such a bad liar!"

I pulled back and glared at him. "I am not!"

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"You most definitely are."

"I'm not cold."

"You're shaking."

"Of...fun!"

"Nice save."

Chan grinned as I glared up at him, eyes crinkling and dimples showing. "I'm not lying," I protested, shivering.

Chan tilted his head. "Of course not," he said, carefully fixing the hair stuck to my forehead so it was out of my eyes.

His hand paused beside my face, not quite touching me. I looked up to see he was looking at me, a crease between his eyebrows and a frown on his lips.

"What?" I said.

For a moment he looked like he was going to say something, and then he sighed, shaking his head. I felt myself take a shaky breath and I forced my racing heart to slow.

"It's nothing," he said, and released his hold on my waist.

I felt his warmth leave me, the aching in my shoulders coming back. I was cold. I was freezing suddenly. I shivered harder as my hands gripped onto my arms, no longer feeling steady on my feet as my head pounded.

"I'll go get you some clothes," I simply spoke.

I quickly passed by him, suddenly aware of the darkness in my apartment, the loud sound of thunder from the other side of the wall. How did I forget about it before? My head was getting cloudy, and I made myself focus on putting one foot in front of the other in a natural way so Chan wouldn't notice anything wrong.

Wait.

He wouldn't follow me right?

Probably not....I think.

Who am I kidding? He probably did.

I don't hear him though.

I felt the temptation to turn and look, see if Chan was walking behind me or staying in the living room where I left him. I could honestly see him doing either scenario so I couldn't tell. It was making me paranoid.

Maybe like a quick look?

No. No! Absolutely not. That would look extremely suspicious. I might as well put a big sign over my head.

Just keep walking, Haewon.

I carefully walked into my room, making a way over to some drawers and crouching down to open the bottom one. Inside were the things I had stolen from Chan over the years: a couple shirts (mostly black, like the rest of Chan's closet), a few pairs of joggers and gyms shorts, and two or three beanies.