Chapter 69: Bad Liar

Start from the beginning

"And you remember her number?"

I was speechless when he got me. 

He smirked and leaned forward at me. "Babe, you're a bad liar."

I gulped down my saliva. 

His phone screen lightened.

Both of us glanced down at the phone in my hand. 

My brows furrowed; that bitch was calling. 

He grabbed his phone in my hand and pulled it off, but I was holding onto it and didn't let him. 

He looked into my eyes. His eyes were questioning my actions.

"Who? Nara, who?" asked me.

He smirked again. "Babe, I told you, you're a bad liar," said him. He was very sure she knew who Nara was.

My eyes flickered. 

"Oh." I avoided his eyes and tried to think of an excuse, but my brain cells were dead already.

He pulled his phone out of my grip. But I quickly firmed my grip on it. "Can you not answer it?"

"Why?"

"Can you just not?"

His smirk became cockier. "Why? I need to hear your reason."

"Well, I just..." I paused and studied his eyes. He looked like he was waiting for my answer impatiently. "You said you loved me, but you're having a girlfriend. And they even officially confirmed it to the public. It just makes me so  uneasy,"  said. 

He leaned forward; our lips almost touched, but I immediately pulled my face away from him. He shocked me.

"Does it mean you're jealous, then?"

I frowned. I didn't like to be labeled as a jealous person. "I am not."

"Then, give me my phone." 

I shook my head. "I want to use a little bit more."

"You're not using."

"Stop being stingy." 

He scoffed out of laughter when she said that. To him, she started blurting nonsense again.

His phone lightened again. This time, it's bombarded with messages from Nara.

Taehyung caught the glance that Nara used a lot of profanity in her messages.

I saw he was looking like he was reading, and I quickly brought his phone to my chest, stopping him from doing so. 

I was about to get up, but he was too quick to hold my arm. 

"Babe, did you just do something to her?"

I panicked when he said that. "No, I don't," I said, and I got up again, but he pulled me, causing me to crash into him. 

"Babe, you're lying," he said, trying to reach the phone in my hand. But I managed to dodge all his attempts.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and finally grabbed his phone.

This time, he didn't seem to be playing, as the phone almost slipped off my hand. Too desperate, I bit his arm.

Instantly, he let go of it and growled. 

I quickly got up, running out of his room. 

Then I heard him laughing in his room. "Crazy jerks," muttered me.

I looked around at this house. I wasn't familiar with this place. 

I saw the stairs go down on my left, and on my right, there were a lot of room doors.