Wanted

"Now you get to see the kitchen. Where all the muffin magic happens." I started helping Darryl bring all of the groceries back into the kitchen at "Baked Haven". I could've stored them at my apartment and then brought them back the next day but there are dirty dishes in the sink and I haven't dusted the furniture in the living room. My place is definitely not a mess but it isn't as organized as I would've liked. I didn't want the muffin man to see my apartment unless it was at its best. It's only 3pm so George should still be here.

"STOP and leave right this min..." George cuts himself off when he sees who is the one entering through the back. He is holding a pair of scissors and I am glad he is eager to defend this place. Unfortunately, Darryl gets scared thinking that George is speaking to him and quickly ducks back outside. George runs forward to take some groceries from me but looks a bit annoyed.

"You could tell me when you decide to randomly come back to the store! You scared the bloody daylights out of me. I'm over there dusting all peacefully and then I hear some random sounds from the back. I thought it was a thief or a ghost!" He yells this at me and because of his annoyance his English accent is very pronounced. His pout makes it to where I can't help but laugh in his face. He starts unpacking the groceries and I go to check on Darryl. I see him standing there with a hopeless expression on his face.

"Am I allowed in now? I feel like an unwanted puppy." He states, his arms hanging limply by his sides, dragged down by the bags filled with groceries. He is keeping his groceries in his car.

"No, you are a wanted muffin, come in! George just thought we were ghosts and got all scared." I say quickly tugging him by the arm and into the kitchen. George is nowhere to be seen so he is most likely in the front with some patrons. The groceries are lined up neatly on the island and I start putting things away. Bad takes the groceries out of the plastic bags and lines the items on the counter just like George did. I am impressed by his attention to detail. It reminds me of myself. I take something out of the bag and realize I need to grab my step stool to be able to put it up.

"Hey Bad, can you hand me that step stool in the corner there?" I ask, gesturing to the black step ladder behind him.

"Why do you need that? I could just pick you up." He asks. At first I assume he is just trying to fluster me but a large blush appears on my face when I realize how serious he is. He walks over to me and my heart starts racing a mile a minute. I glance around the kitchen and realize we are alone. This is the first time we have ever been alone with one another. As my body realizes this, it gets hotter, and I curse myself for being so easily taken over by him and his presence. He isn't even trying to charm me and he is doing better than any other guy has in my life.

"Now, where do you need it to go muffin?" He says it softly but firmly. The silly nickname almost sounds sensual coming from his mouth. I realize that I am too stunned to speak. Since I can't speak I point to the cabinet at the very top and he nods.

"Okay so I am going to grab you by the waist and hoist you up, is that okay?" He looks at me in the eyes and I realize he is asking for consent to touch me. If only he wasn't such a gentleman, then I wouldn't be falling so hard. I just nod up and down not trusting my voice to work.

The first thing I feel is his fingertips touching my waist. The next thing I feel is the coursing heat that follows all over my body. His palms then push flat against me before my feet feel nothing but air. His touch is strong making sure that I don't slip an inch and before I know it I am moving backwards. For a second I think we are falling before my thighs suddenly meet his shoulders.

"Thought it would be easier if I just put you on my shoulders." He laughs a laugh I am unable to see and suddenly I don't feel so flustered anymore. This is just fun for him so it should be for me to. I put the item up and then start directing him to give me others that are on the island so I can put them in the high cabinets. Whenever he bends over to pick an item I have to wrap my hands around some part of him so I can feel steady.