Shopping

"So the store right?" He starts out simply, breaking me out of the trance I was in. When his hand is holding mine it is hard to focus, actually it is impossible to focus. I don't know if it's the warmth or if it is because of how close he is to me. I've only known him for a day and my stomach does somersaults when I'm around him. Even though I'm freaking out in my mind it is so easy to be with him like it never was with other guys. I mean my clothes are covered in flour, let's be honest the apron does barely anything, and my hair is probably all over the place. With all that going on he still wants to be seen with me. He still wants to get groceries with me.

"Yep that's the plan, unless you don't want to be seen with the flour monster." I say with a chuckle gesturing to my clothes. I don't know why I point out my flaws but around Darryl it feels like the right thing to do. When his emerald eyes rake over my figure my heartbeat beats louder and I hope he doesn't hear it.

He looks quickly away, smiling, and says, "I don't care if you are a floury muffin, it just shows how hard of a worker you are." I smile and a vehicle comes into view that makes me stare. The first thing that I notice is that it is cherry red and absolutely gorgeous. I look at him and a smirk enters his face. That smirk tells me that that car is definitely his and he is proud of it. I would be if I owned a car like that. Yet, I didn't expect him to drive something so ostentatious.

"Want me to drive you there? The grocery store is a long walk." As he ponders this, his face changes from a jovial expression to one of concern. He then looks at me and my anxiety spikes because I can already tell what he is going to ask me.

"Do you always walk to the grocery store?" When I just look at the ground he continues on.

"Y/N that's at least a couple of miles! When you carry the bags, how do you do that?" He says this all while flailing around and it reminds me of how he reacted to Skeppy most of the time. Not only has my anxiety spiked but so has my embarrassment. Since this is a city and I can easily walk to my bakery, I never saw the need to get a car. Since the ingredients are for the bakery I usually pay Drista or George to use their car to help me. It's for the bakery so it's just another one of their duties. When I am shopping for myself or just picking up one or two things for the bakery, like today, I just walk the couple of miles it takes to get there. I usually stop by my house to pick up my huge tote bag and put the groceries in it, so it really isn't that hard of a walk. The man in front of me is being dramatic, so what if I don't have a car and I walk? Many people in this city do that!

"You are being dramatic, the walk isn't that hard. What, you don't think you could do it? Maybe someone needs to go to the gym." I punch him softly on the arm and it is rock solid. Okay, this guy does go to the gym. His muscles are subtle but I can tell they are strong.

"Just get in the car you muffinhead." He laughs and presses a button on his car keys. The doors go up instead of out and I just get in wordlessly. What do you say when someone has this level of income? This guy has a transformer for a car and I can't even balance my checkbooks without having chronic nightmares.

He must see my expression cause he quickly says something as he starts to drive, "It's really the only luxury thing I own. You should see my apartment, it's just essentials. Except for the stuff in the recording room but that's work so it's a little different." I can tell he seems a little embarrassed. I stifle a laugh at our relationship. One where we love spending time together but can't help embarrassing each other all the time.

"Yeah I get that. You should see my kitchen! It is stocked full of expensive baking equipment but everyone has their vices. Trust me I am not judging your car, I am just heavily impressed by it." I mean every word of what I say and he smiles as he drives. He turns the radio on and I have to grip the seat in terror because of what I hear. Which is ironic because the song has a romantic bubblegum beat, the only problem is it is the exact same song I heard in my nightmare.