"yeah, and foundations could mean founders," fabian continued. "and who found this place?" 

"the frobisher-smythe's." nina answered. "the picture of them in the dining room," she suddenly remembered. "maybe the solution to the task is behind it!" she exclaimed, as they all wasted no time in jumping to their feet and hurrying out of the room. 

"walk! don't run." victor called out as they exited the room. 

"sorry victor." the six of them chorused, not even sparing him a glance as they hurried out of the girl's corridor and down the stairs. entering the dining room, they located the picture frame by the door.

"this picture still gives me the creeps." bella mumbled as her and patricia took it down and set it aside. fabian knocked against the wall, a hollow sound heard as the others glanced at one another knowingly. 

"it's definitely hollow." he declared, glancing back at them. 

"i wonder what this does." alfie questioned, grabbing a wire hanging against the wall.

"it's a picture wire." patricia pointed out.

"or... a silver thread of fate?" bella suggested, glancing over at nina as she remembered the riddle. 

"then let's follow it." fabian agreed as they all nodded.

"do it, alfie." nina instructed. the boy did as told, pulling the string down which immediately caused the house to start making a noise, almost as if gears were turning. alfie gave it another strong pull and the sound continued as the six of them looked around expectantly.

"now wha―" bella was cut off when something fell from the ceiling, surprising them all as they stared in shock. 

"just remember, if you can't see it, it's not there." amber panicked, her hands over her eyes as she was afraid to see what had dropped and was hanging from the ceiling. "it's not real, it's not real." she repeated in hopes that it would disappear as nina approached the fake spider.

"it's not real, amber." fabian assured as they walked over to join nina, wanting to inspect it themselves. 

"that's right, fabian, say it with me!" amber cheered.

"guys, i think this is what we've been looking for." nina remarked. "the spider that fits in the hole in the task room." she pointed out, realising that the spider was basically the same size as the spider indent on the wall they had seen. fabian reached up, taking the spider off of the hook it was hanging on and reading out another clue on the back of it.