Chapter Seven-Unlikely Timing

Wes took the milk from Kaden and went to this guest bedroom to drink the milk and hopefully get some sleep. He texted Ashford and said that he was threatened and couldn't show face yet, Ashford was ok with it as he had some others who could cover the shift. Wes was staring at the ceiling and looked at the time it was seven in the morning and he still wasn't asleep. He sighed and got up and cringed at the mirror. His hair was a mess, his eyes blood shot, and dark circles under his eyes. He just sighed and went downstairs to get something to eat only to stop dead in his tracks when the one person he was threatened to stay away from was there. Garrett.

Garrett turned around and saw Wes, he looked horrible but was ok. He walked over to him but Wes backed away. Garrett stopped and stared at Wes. He was hurt by this action and didn't understand why.
"Nikolai texted me to come over. He wouldn't say but now I know. What's going on?" Garrett asked.

"I don't want to be around you." Wes said hoping his voice was firm but to Garrett it didn't sound like it.
"Really?" Garrett asked shocked, he knew what was going on. Nikolai texted him.

"Yes, really." Wes said and started to walk off but Garrett grabbed his non injured wrist and pushed him against the wall.
"I don't believe that for one second. So, you have one more chance to tell me what's going on." Garrett said in a deep voice that made Wes shiver and want to melt.
"Someone threatened me. Said I stay away from you or he kills me." Wes said, Garrett released him and started pacing.

"Shit, that little fucker doesn't know when to quit. Luckily your best friend and my cousin know what to do. Did you notice anything wrong or amiss before you left?" Garrett asked because if he knew who it was that man needed to be found and dead.
"Um, I think nothing was missing." Wes said and had to think for a minute, "wait, there was a weird symbol after that guy left. It was like a rose with a skull on it." Garrett let him go and paced again.

"I know who it is. Nikolai and I will be on it. But in the mean time, stay here please." Garrett said and gave Wes a glare that stopped any argument. Kaden came down from his room and saw Garrett and Nikolai on a computer with their heads down.
"Not even a good mornin' or nohtin." Kaden said as Garrett looked up with a small glint in his eye as he saw the marks his cousin left on his husband.

"Jeez, what is it with you two? Both marked up. Nikolai is looking normal while you are looking all hot and sexed up." Garrett laughed as he saw Kaden blush and walk off into the kitchen.
"Wes?" Kaden asked and was still weary around him since he was still on the fence with Wes after what Wes did to him years back.
"Kaden." Wes said looking awkward.
"What's goin' on?" Kaden asked. His voice always deep and accented when he first wakes up.

"Good lord. I keep forgetting that accent will get you in trouble." Wes said, "I am being threatened I guess by one of Garrett's old flings."

"Not flings. He was actually a lover. Close to marrying him. Found him in the room with some other guys dick shoved up him." Garret seethed out. Wes just coughed and had to pat Kaden's back to stop him from choking.

"I know I don't warn people when I have sex with my husband but damn that hurt." Kaden said with water in his eyes. He shooed Wes off of him and walked over to Nikolai, Wes just sighed sadly and left. Knowing he wasn't needed at all anymore and walked outside.

"Dude, I love you babe but please stop being mean to my best friend. I know you are still hurting from what he said but you need to preach your own words of forgiving people." Nikolai said and kissed his husband on the head.

"I know. I am sorry." Kaden sighed and walked outside to find Wes.

"Wes! Wes!" Kaden was shouting but seemed he couldn't find Wes until he heard a slight scuffle. He rushed over to it to find Wes and some guy fighting. He didn't know how to react as he saw Wes kick the guy down and turn him over to sit on him. He never saw an angry side to Wes but he did and it startled him.