Chapter 3-Babysitting=A big baby

Wes made his way to Garrett's house, Seth and Ethan already left because they where tired and wanted to sleep in their own homes and their own beds. Wes knocked on the door and heard a gruff come in and he walked in. The sight was sad really, Garrett was propped up on the hideaway bed and his clothes where everywhere. Wes walked over to him and noticed the smell of him smelling horrible.

"It has only been a day and your place looks horrible." Wes commented.
"My evil brothers are not the best room mates. I am horrified of what their houses look like." Garrett joked but Wes could see his eye cloud over with something, sadness or depression? He didn't know and he didn't want to ask as is.

"Garrett, are you ok? Really ok?" Wes asked.

"Honestly? No, I am stuck here because I had to be a hero." Garrett sighed, "but my leg is hurting like a bitch and I smell horrible. Is there any chance I can shower?"

"Yes, you can take a shower. We will just cover your cast with a garbage bag or something." Wes said and got up to go to the kitchen and almost gagged, "Garrett! When was the last time these dishes were done?" Wes asked coming out of the kitchen.

"Uh, they are usually in the dishwasher." Garrett said. Wes sighed and shook his head and walked into the kitchen to start the water.

"You don't have to do that." Garrett said as he hobbled into the kitchen.

"I am a glorified housekeeper and assistant right now." Wes pointed out.

"You don't really need to do all that." Garrett said a little vulnerable now Wes could see it.

"It's fine, I would rather help than sit at my house." Wes said, "crap, I need to go to the diner after I help you shower and clean up. I will just work the mid shift today."

"Do you usually work a mid?" Garrett asked sitting down at the table watching Wes wash the dishes.
"No, I am usually mornings. But I called my boss told him I needed to help someone this morning." Wes shuttered, "he didn't like it. Said he is going to miss his favorite employee today."

"Is he shady or perverted?" Garrett asked he was getting a little over protective.

"Um, the girls are uncomfortable around him. I am the only male there. He looks at them like they are his property." Wes admitted.

"Why didn't you report this to Nikolai?" Garrett asked angrily.

"He was on his honeymoon." Wes answered honestly.
"Good lord. I would look for another job." Garrett said as Wes turned the water off and looked at Garrett.

"I just can't look for another job." Wes said angrily.

"Ok, either that or just get tormented by him or worse." Garrett hobbled off with the trash bag in his hand to the bathroom down stairs.
"It isn't that easy!" Wes yelled at him and shut his mouth by the look on Garrett's face.

"Oh babe, it is easy. But I already said too much." Garrett said and hobbled off.
"Don't just hobble away from me." Wes said walking into the bathroom with Garrett.
"I am not about to argue with you Wes." Garrett said and was taking his clothes off while Wes started the shower for him. He helped him wrap his leg and into the shower. He didn't care about the nudity, he was around it at the hospital at times. He just sighed and gave Garrett privacy while he went to pick up the living room. He put the dirty bed clothing in the washer and took out the broom and swept the house and mopped the kitchen and used the Swiffer to mop the living room. He found clean bed clothes and put them on the hideaway.
"Wes!" Garrett hollered for him.
"Coming." Wes hollered back. He took in a deep breath and let it out, he watched the water drip from his hair to his broad shoulders down his abs then he looked up a little red in the face.

"Like what you see?" Garrett chuckled.

"Um. Let's get you dressed." Wes said turning around and Garrett chuckled again but then sobered up a bit. He sighed sadly and sat down on the toilet seat with a towel around his waist.

"What's wrong?" Wes asked as he helped Garrett.

"I'm sorry for about what I said earlier." Garrett said and stood up so Wes could help him.

"It's ok I guess." Wes just shrugged it off.

"It's not ok but it is what it is." Garrett said as they took their time to get to the couch. Wes helped Garrett sit down and went about fixing some lunch.

"Is a sandwich ok for lunch or do you want some takeout?" Wes asked.

"Takeout is fine." Garrett said tiredly.

"Ok, I will order something." Wes got his phone out and peeked over at Garrett, his eyes closed, his lashes long enough to brush his cheeks. He smiled a little and took a picture. Garrett didn't need to know that part. He saved it as his wallpaper on his phone.

Wes gently woke Garrett up to tell him it was time to eat and he helped him to the table and got their lunch ready. Wes ordered some Thai chicken with noodles, rice and vegetables. Garrett and Wes ate in silence. Garrett finished his food and was in some pain. His leg mostly hurt but where his stitches where at was starting to hurt.

"Wes? Is the area supposed to look like this?" Garrett asked as he raised his shirt up and looked at the wound spot, it was red and puffy looking and he hissed when Wes touched it.

"It's got some fever in it. Let me get the wound cleaning stuff and I will clean it up." Wes said and got up to get his medical kit. He crouched down by Garrett's side and started cleaning the wound all while Garrett was huffing and groaning in pain, "hush you big baby."

"I'm not being a baby. This really does hurt." Garrett groaned out.

"It's not supposed to feel good." Wes snapped irritated at Garrett.

"Don't get snippy with me. You try to save a young couple from a moving vehicle and see how you feel." Garrett hissed out.

"Sorry." Wes apologized. He bandaged the wound up again.

"How long you babysitting me?" Garrett asked.
"Um, six weeks. Both your leg and stitches need time to heal. So, stop walking on it and relax. I can be your maid and care taker for a bit." Wes said as he pushed Garrett to the couch. Wes got him comfortable and gave him his pain meds, although it was a struggle because they did make Garrett really sleepy and relaxed.

Wes finally sighed a huge relief as Garrett was finally asleep. He decided to start some laundry and clean the house up a little bit. He was in deep thought about how happy Nikolai looked with Kaden and how everyone around him was happily married or dating. Wes just shook the thoughts out of his head. He was new to the whole relationship thing. He never had one. He was always one to be a loner and not with the "it" crowd.