CHAPTER FIFTEEN: THE YOU I KNOW

(ISTJ) DENVER'S POV

I try to run the code I typed in the last sixty minutes. Error. The computer says. And there. Back to zero. These codes are floating in my head and mixing up.

I heave a breath and lean back on my chair. Just where am I wrong? Taking off my specs I rub my eyes and run a hand through my hair. Ouch.

The spot where I hit my head with the door edge, stings a little. It must have gone purple. I get up to see my reflection in the mirror. A little violet and sore. I gently press it with the pads of my ring finger.

I was just surprised she asked me for lunch because Jonah has gym class and Isa has a historical club meeting. Both of them won't make it. It means it will only be the two of us.

She was so concerned when she pulled me to herself. I don't like people invading my space but her cool palms cradling my flaming face are rather welcome.

You can leave it to Anna to act on the spur of the moment and get all shy about it a jiffy later. She is like that.

But thanks to it. I learned something new about her.

She is one to blush easily that I know. But today I witnessed the colour shift myself. Just like the transformation of her eyes, it was bewitching.

Up close, I witnessed colour climbing from her neck and blooming across those cheeks of hers. Are they as soft as they look?

She looked so painfully adorable that I momentarily forgot I had just door-slammed myself in the face.

"What's wrong with you? The lens of your glasses could have cracked. What if it pierced your eye? For someone so detail-conscious, you sure are a klutz."

"It only ever happens around you." I blurted without thinking. Did I hit myself hard enough to loosen my uptight filter? I might have lost it the first time I saw her.

It is true though. It only ever happens around her. I called her Annie too. I am not the one for nicknames. But her expression when I said that. If I get hurt or sick, will she take care of me?

I catch myself grinning in the mirror. I splash some water on my face hoping to wash away the idiotic expression.

Get a grip Denver.

Sighing, I grip the edges of the sink.

I come back to the lab to see Issac ( INTJ), my friend, peering intently at my MacBook's screen.

He glances at me and then proceeds to fix the code error. "I didn't imagine you would make such a basic mistake.", he comments.

'Where is your mind at?', is what he means. I seat myself in my chair. "I just have a lot on my mind, these days. "

"You sure do. You've been in the brown study all day. Making rookie errors. And busy with a course you took last year. "

"I will rewrite the code and I've been teaching a junior."
"Is it one of your fans? "
"No. And what fans? "
"The many ladies who have been flocking around you like ants on honey since last year. ", Elios (INTP) says scrolling through his phone.
How long has he been here?
"You didn't notice me until now? ", he fakes surprise.
"You are as quiet as a mouse."
"I think Denver is in love. ", Elios stares at me curiously. "I just saw a ' 20 signs of being in love' video on YouTube and Denver fits at least a 17 of those. "
"No, I don't! ", I protest.
"18 now, checked one right there. Aggressive denial. Good among us you were the one left single. "
"Oh. Come on, Elios! There isn't anything like that. ", I declare.
Issac stares quietly at me. He is onto something. "I agree that those videos aren't a trustworthy source to confirm it but I do agree that you, Denver, have changed. Somehow. You feel different. I need energy to figure it out more. Does anyone want a drink?"