Chapter 3: FEELING HOPEFUL

(ENFJ)Anna's POV

"Earth to Anna! Are you ready?", Jonah practically yells.

" Umm yeah? " I say snapping out of my thoughts.

" Don't you 'umm yeah' me kiddo. It's hell yeah!", he cheers exuberantly.

I stare at the back of his seat confused. Vamik catches my eye in the rearview mirror and smiles wearily.

Without waiting for my reply Jonah leans forward in his seat and announces. " Welcome to college Miss Annabelle Rossane Kingsley. A new world of endless possibilities, challenges and ambitions. Hence, I asked. Are you ready?"

Wow, talk about a dramatic impact. But I understand his excitement as I gaze out of the window and catch a glimpse of the majestic rust-coloured building across the entrance.

Oh boy. It is beautiful. We enter through the wrought iron gates after Vamick shows his ID.

"That is the main hall. We gather there for orientations and events.", Jonah informs referring to the magnificent piece of architecture. There is a humongous fountain in front of it. I can see people sitting on the front steps in a distance.

The horizon is clear blue. The road we are following is lined with evergreens that stand erect in the honor of the arriving scholars. It seems too good to be real.

"I advise you to close your mouth. There aren't any flies here. It's just that you might drool.", Jonah snickers.

I would have been mad at him if my mouth wasn't actually open. I close it hurriedly and to avoid embarrassment.

I kick the back of his seat. He turns and makes a face at me.

I ignore him and take in my surroundings."Wait till you see the gardens", Vamick calls. We take a right turn around the fountain and head towards the dorms I'm guessing.

In this college, we are divided into four houses. The Diplomats. The Analyst.The Sentinels. The Explorers. Vamick told me that although roommates are assigned randomly you are more likely to end up with someone you get along with based on your MBTI.

I wish I get someone nice. My heart is pounding in my ears as I see the dorms getting near. We find a decent parking spot and dismount from the car.

"Welcome to my realm little one. Don't faint,okay?", Jonah jokes smugly, spreading his arms wide.

I guess not even being an ESFJ stops you from annoying your sibling. Well then, I'm no less. "Sure, Mr Popular.", I roll my eyes at him. "I bet they worship the honourable court jester AKA Mr Jonah Kingsley here."

"Now now, don't be jealous kiddo. I'll make sure to give you a seat in the front row when you witness my eminence here", he boasts.

"I'll be honoured", I say sarcastically. Vamick rounds the car with our bags and advises us," I suggest you guys save your energy for later. I can only take you this far by car. We still need to walk a considerable distance." That gets us moving.

Fifteen minutes later, we are standing in the dormitory office. We could have reached here sooner if Jonah had not stopped every two minutes to greet someone.