CHAPTER 5: ANNABELLE

(ISTJ) Denver's POV

I wake up to Jonah's snoring and turn the alarm off.

Even the alarm couldn't be heard above his snores. I have to place it near my head.

I put on my slippers and pad to the bathroom to begin with the day.

I would have woken him up but he is a heavy sleeper. I lived with him last year too. Until he has had his beauty sleep not even an earthquake can wake him up. Period.

Hence, I don't even try.

In the cafe, I take my breakfast in peace and check my schedule for the day. All time slots are booked till lunch but I have enough time to double-check everything.

Early mornings are the best for a headstart. I finish up my coffee, take an additional cup and head toward the GC's office.

He wouldn't be there this early. But I need to organize everything before the students start arriving.

By organizing, I mean double-checking my assignments, deal with my share of freshees and clearing up after everyone else.

The GC usually doesn't take sophomores as assistants but I have "Proven myself exceptional" as he likes to put it.

As soon as I step outside a cool breeze kisses my face. I take a deep breath and steel my nerves against the day ahead.

I enter the office with the extra keys we have been trusted with. The office has Chromebooks that contain information about all students, their majors and minors and personal information too.

So, it is a huge responsibility.

Half an hour later, all is set for the day. I check my watch. Still early. I don't expect any students to be here any soon. I lean back and decide to take a break.

How about a walk? My legs can use some streching.

I reach the door to walk out with my keys, only for the door to open by itself and something bumps straight into my chest.

Or more like someone.

So much for a break. I apologize since it is partly my fault.

They gaze up and my vision meets with green almond eyes.

Oh, it's a girl. Then I take her in. She is... pretty.

Not in an over-stimulating, in-your-face way but rather subtle.

Wait. I have seen these vibrant eyes somewhere before. It takes a cough to make me realise that I have been staring. Damn.

What was that? The girl apologizes shyly and steps away.

Isabelle, my sister, smirks at the girl and turns to me with a sly smile. "Good morning, Denver. You are early as usual."

"Yes, I don't like to be late.", I answer her.

She introduces me to the girl. "This is my elder brother, Denver. And she is my roommate, Annabelle."

"Nice to meet you .", I greet her and offer my hand.

Suddenly, she exclaims, "Cerulean." I blink. "What?", Isabelle synchronizes with me.

"The colour of your eyes. I read it somewhere before", she explains taking my hand gently. Her hold is soft.

"I didn't know that. Most people just think they are just deep blue.", I blurt without thinking.

That's rare. I never say anything without thinking. She explains how she adores reading and researching her interests.