CHAPTER 2: STAYS THE SAME

(ISTJ) Denver's POV

"Hmph! Ah!" Pant.Pant.

"Yah!" His grunts keep getting louder.

His arms frailing under the weight. His brows creased with the intensity of the task.

Finally, he collapses, and for a dramatic effect, tumbles over to the ground and breathes through his mouth like an animal.

A few moments later, he tries to recover his stamina and gets ready for round ...? Hm. I lost count after four.

"If you don't have enough strength to drag your suitcase to the trunk, why don't you take help from the house staff?", I suggest checking my watch.

He glares at me from his position on the ground and huffs a breath which sends his front bangs flying.

"Why don't you take any help, huh? Mr Perfectionist." He mocks.

"I can place my luggage in the car by myself without getting out of breath. Thank you. " I say grabbing the handle of his double-decker suitcase.

It is kind of heavy. What does he even have in there? Knowing him he might have a year's worth of clothes, self-care necessities, and an endless supply of stupid stuff he uses in his shenanigans.

To think that it is just one of his bags.

"Well, that's because you carry loads of books around all the time! And that is enough exercise if you ask me.", he argues.
I place his luggage in the boot of our car and eye him silently.

He sulks and tries his luck with a duffel bag. I go for it but he exclaims, "I can do it myself."

"Suit yourself." I just watch him colour the poor black bag a shade of ash grey by dragging it down the driveway.

My brother, Noah, might be almost as tall as me now and is going to college early but he still behaves like an over-hormonal teenager. Which he is. Technically.

He is in his last teens, yet shows no signs of maturity or responsibility.

(It escapes me how he manages to achieve decent grades every time.)

He does have his share in the list of our family's achievements though. He was the president of debate clubs in middle and high school and likes to vaunt about it.

Fair enough since no one could defeat him in debates. He even won the junior state championship.

Arguing with him is a waste of time.

Speaking of time. I regard him unamusingly," If you are done fooling around then let's go. I don't wish to be late."

"Late for what exactly? The classes start the day after tomorrow. We are going early to settle in.", he comments but stands up anyway. He is ...right.

Better be sooner than later.

I take the last bag place it inside and close the boot of my black SUV. A sweet ride. She is my favourite. Convenient and classy.

"Go and check whether you forgot something and tidy up your room," I tell him., checking the last item of my list. Make sure Noah gets his baggage settled in the car. Check.

"You arranged your things instead of just throwing them in, right?", I inquire.

"Yes Boss!," Noah salutes and walks lazily through the front door.

"You have high standards, bro. Even for packing and leaving for school. Chill out sometimes."

I condemn lethargy and am unable to cope with incompetence. Hence "Chilling Out", as he put it, is not for me.