Chapter 173

"<Shining Star... When is the Gala Concert?>"

"<The Dawn, taking a 2-week break>"

After the final broadcast, the program ended more smoothly than expected. Kim Heeyoung's adept handling played a role, but it was also significant that the idol who had experienced a parent's accident continued their activities without showing any signs, maintaining their strength for a year, and even winning first place in the competition, which touched many ordinary people.

Sympathetic sentiments poured out like a burst dam.

[Congratulationsㅠㅠ I cried while reading your final thoughtsㅠㅠ]

[He's truly an amazing young man. I support him.]

[I heard he was there for his parents' accident.. The young friend has really gone through a lot. I'll cheer for himㅠㅠ]

[Are you just fishing for sympathy? Protect his privacy, damn it, seriously.. So annoying.]

[Isn't this just exploiting a tragic narrative?ㅋㅋ]

Of course, as much attention as it garnered, there were also numerous negative comments.

The more sensitive fans began to relentlessly criticize every article that came out.

[Oh please, stop posting articles like this!!!! Protect his privacy for god's sake!! Just because you can't get sympathy points anymore]

[Whenever I see these stories, I get so tired.. I know my friend likes Hoyun, but I wish she would just stop contacting me. I'm tired of pretending to know anything]

[Seriously, I'm tired of people pretending to be compassionate and leaving comments about how pitiful he is every time something like this comes up. What does he know anyway?]

However, as the protagonist, I calmly acknowledged and brushed off the malicious comments while chewing on the apology given to me by Sung Jiwon.

After all, it was my doing.

And there was even a side benefit to it all.

[Oh, when did our views suddenly spike like this?]

[Hey;; Seo Hoyun's fancam views are legendary right now]

[??? What's the Stardust stage?]

With my family story being revealed, the views of related videos on YouTube suddenly skyrocketed.

Not only did several songs rise on the music charts in real-time, but clips of my final remarks were circulating on social media and various communities.

While it's important to row when the water comes in, if this narrative-spinning goes too far, it'll only add negative impressions.

I might be taking the brunt of it, but I couldn't allow it to negatively affect The Dawn.

Anyway, since it was my vacation, I chose to spend it quietly rather than exposing myself to the public.

Since the plan to spend the vacation with Seo Hojin had fallen through.

"Jung Dajun."

On the day I met Seo Hojin, I collected every petal from the bouquet he gave me and brought them back to the lodging.

As soon as I saw Jung Dajun in the living room, I was about to say something, but...

"Y-yes?!"

How could I say anything to this fourteen-year-old kid who looked as flustered as a scared puppy?

"...No, never mind."

I couldn't say anything when I saw his face.

Feeling narrow-minded, I deliberately let out a heavy sigh, as if exhaling a dense atmosphere, and went into my room.