Chapter 158

"The Dawn!"

Upon arriving at the tvK broadcasting station, the production staff welcomed us enthusiastically as we stepped out of the van.

"The ratings for Episode 1 were amazing! Incredible!!"

The scene of Kang Ichae's face-to-face encounter surpassed even the high-fives, hitting the highest ratings.

It felt like they wanted to roll out the red carpet for Kang Ichae.

The assistant director was so enthusiastic that if he had asked me to use a carpet instead, I would have felt like I was witnessing madness firsthand.

"Wow, you were really amazing this time too!!"

So, essentially, our attitude towards being treated like the byproduct of the broadcast was just the same as before.

As the assistant director guided us to the meeting room, he continued to rave on.

"Ah, yes…."

"Wow, Kang Ichae, you're always extraordinary, but this time you were really impressive. Even the views on last week's YouTube video skyrocketed! So, because of that, could we possibly have one more interview.... please?"

"Let's keep it to one verse."

Even after arriving at the meeting room, the awkward smiles didn't end as everyone continued to join in the assistant director's enthusiasm, but Kim Heeyoung, who arrived late, pushed past the assistant director blocking the door and raised a proposal.

"Kim PD!"

"Stop groveling! Stop harassing the cast!"

"Is our job to be stressed out?! We're the ones producing this crappy competition until Season 2!"

"Damn it! That's right!"

It is crappy indeed.

Thanks to Kim Heeyoung's arrival, the staff's attention shifted, and Kang Ichae's interview request was left unresolved.

With her still-busy demeanor and her piercing bangs falling heavily down her forehead, Kim Heeyoung flipped through the proposal.

"First of all, congratulations to The Dawn for ranking second in the first round of the competition. Thanks to the face-to-face encounter, the ratings for Shining Star were also excellent."

As Kim Seonghyun and Sung Jiwon exchanged proud smiles, Kim Heeyoung smirked mischievously.

But there was a suspicious scent in the air.

"But we can't rest, can we? Our schedule is packed~."

"Yes!"

"Good response. Now, let me guide you through the preparations for the second round of the competition."

"Yes, ma'am!"

The members, except for me, responded enthusiastically.

Kim Heeyoung looked over the proposal and then tossed it over her shoulder nonchalantly.

Kim Heeyoung glanced at the proposal she had been holding with only her eyes.

"I'll announce the theme for the second round of the competition."

Then, after briefly scanning through the proposal, she tossed it over her shoulder.

"???"

And then she brightened up.

"Anything will do."

"....Pardon?"

"Original songs, K-pop, foreign songs. Whatever suits you. But! It must be within the genre and concept we designate. Yoo Hyungseon, please come forward."